Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sims 3: Generations

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Social life? What's that? :D
    Must be another add-on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kmmh58

so I got my hard copy from game stop on Sunday, opened the box, there was no booklet :( I was nearly crying.

Anyway, after installing the new update and the expansion pack, I got playing. Overall i like it.
    the new childrens play toys are good.
    I have got one sim to do the childcare profession but as of yet no children have been dropped off
    I like that you can sign children up to after school activites and send them to boarding school.
    so far with all the pranks I pulled as a teen I was caught (is this real life:D)

what do you all think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

One thing I really love is when you send your teen to the prom they come home with a prom photo and when you put it up on the wall you can zoom in and it looks like a professionally taken prom photo. So cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

Was playing this the other day and the 'parents' got a free holiday so off they went. The Dad is a private investigator and his LTW was the one to match his job, solve 35 cases. When they came back from their holiday I checked to see how far along he was with this and it said 0.

Happened again when they got a second 'free holiday'. Not impressed, had to change his LTW. :(:mad:

Was playing this the other day and the 'parents' got a free holiday so off they went. The Dad is a private investigator and his LTW was the one to match his job, solve 35 cases. When they came back from their holiday I checked to see how far along he was with this and it said 0.

Happened again when they got a second 'free holiday'. Not impressed, had to change his LTW. :(:mad:

This has never happened me,free holiday sounds good. what is LTW? Life time wish??

• Advertisement

The parents get sent away so your teenagers can throw parties, its happened twice in my game so far.

Yeah LTW is life time wish, sorry, probably should have spelt it out instead of assuming people know what it is.

Yeah LTW is life time wish, sorry, probably should have spelt it out instead of assuming people know what it is.

I just need to catch up on the lingo :) hasn't happened in my game yet, maybe I need to play it more. :D any excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Finally might get to play it this weekend!

Alicat wrote: »
    Finally might get to play it this weekend!

Let us know what you think.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's pretty good. Such a relief they've extended their aging sliders. The memory feature is pretty cool, really adds another layer of depth to your characters. Haven't got the video camera yet.

• Advertisement

I'm taking it slow and easy! I've read on lots of forums that people are bored already, but it's because they just played all of the new features all at once. I'm going to play as normal and experience things as they come along.

I do love the age slider though. And the body hair for men does make it a little more realistic :D The dates are cute too, staring at the stars and giving your lady some pretty flowers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I only have World Adventures and an update was released last week that gave me memories and control over length of different age stages, so those features aren't just new with Generations.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Faith wrote: »
    I only have World Adventures and an update was released last week that gave me memories and control over length of different age stages, so those features aren't just new with Generations.

Well that sucks. That means there's less content in the Generations pack than there should've been.

Really? Well ffs...

I remember when Ambitions was released and I updated my game before installing the EP, I was able to get tattoos at the health spa so I think they do add some things with the updates instead of the expansion pack.

On a seperate note , has anyone been able to make their imaginary friend come to life? My sim has been playing with him a lot and no sign of him becoming real!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I didn't have the option to make mine real until my kid was a teenager. Then there was an option that was called "Offer to make real" but it was faded out. Turns out you need to make a potion on the new science lab table thing. Once you make the potion you can make the toy real.

Advertisement