Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Mobile: Have they got any better?

Options
  • 06-04-2011 2:04pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been keeping an eye on the forum here and there seemed to be a lot of complaints about E-Mobile, coverage, getting your number ported, getting through to customer service etc.

Initially I thought that maybe its just down to teething problems with their network being new and all that. But has it changed?
    • Has anyone joined emobile lately?
    • If so, how was your experience?
    • Would you recommend them?
    • Whats the coverage like outside of Dublin and the larger urban areas for calls and data??

I'm changing from my current provider and still looking at what options to take. I have been sidetracked by other things lately, so going to start looking into this again with the aim of moving by the end of this month.

Tox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I'm with them on their 15/7 package = 200 mins/200 texts and 250MB date per week.

I find it well priced and Coverage is good. I can get through to customer service easily every time but have to call them too many times for my liking.

A number of things really bug me but the cost is really good so I tollerate it. Here are some of the things that consistently happen to me and nobody can sort.

MMS setting for Iphone 4 don't work. Got 5 differing sets and none work, called, mailed, went to shop, used boards and emobile forum all multiple times but nobody can fix.
    If you use you minutes up on the last day, you can never depend on the new 7/15 bundle to be applied on time, they reserve the right to take 24hrs to apply this which leaves a window of possibility to incur extra charges, only response they give? "it's in our terms"!!!! This could leave you without enough credit to pay for the imminent bundle they are due to apply.
    I get €15 pm bonus credit for 10 month's for scheduling top up. I MUST ring every single month as it was never applied in the first few months then they fixed it but only apply €10pm so I still need to call EVERY month. Often wonder how many people think they are getting the correct if any bonus credit!!!
    After a phone call I have to wait a couple of minutes to browse the net as the 3g takes a while to re connect.
    It is not possible to check remaining minutes etc on pre pay other than calling them and going through the whole automated menu system for Eircom, then Emobile and then get an agent who will look it up and tell you. Bill pay guys can text to 50104 for this.
    Not their fault but their website is impossible to browse on an iphone due to high flash and java content.

I know it sounds like I wouldn't recommend them but if those issue were resolved it would be perfect.
    Also I wanted to get on bill pay €49pm for unlimited calls and texts and was changing to Eircom home in order to get this but they want a deposit and I'm nor prepared to pay it. I've been with them from the start.

I live in Meath and work in Dundalk and coverage is fine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Hey Jarvis,

Thanks for that, some food for thought there. Good to know the coverage outside Dublin is good.

I will probably be getting an android based phone with them and it will be on the 300/300/2GB package. I'm currently on a billpay with my current network and intend to stay with that so the credit issue wont really affect me.

Reliability and coverage for voice and data are important to me but value for money is also important. I also want a 12 month contract, there are some with some networks but they want €500+ for a phone which I am not willing to pay to anyone..

Guess I'll keep reading and see what I can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Emobile use meteor to provide coverage so wherever meteor have signal emobile will also have signal.ive switched to meteor about 2weeks ago and have great coverage data is fairly fast also.outside of 3G coverage you will get EDGE (2G) coverage which is much faster for data and more reliable than vodafones/3's GPRS network

• Registered Users Posts: 39 arsenal

I'm on their 7/10 pre-pay offer... €10 a week for unlimited calls and texts (ie. 200 texts and 200 minutes, but I never go near that).

I'm mainly operating in North Wicklow, Dublin and sometimes down the country.. have had virtually no problems with network. Can't comment on data unfortunately.

Had some issues with their customer care, generally they're a bit clueless, but if you insist on getting put through to the guys in the "top-up" department I've found they generally know their stuff and can help you out.

Advertisement