Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost iPhone - 3rd of April, approx 3am

• 06-04-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

I really am clutching at straws here but said I would give it a try anyway. Basically I lost my iPhone 4 (green cover attached) early Sunday morning after spending the night in the Foundary.

From what I have gathered so far I called a friend at 2.45am which would signal that I was outside the club. We then got into a taxi outside Aarons to head home to Farmleigh.

From what I remember about the taxi it was a silver/gray 7 seater being driven by a Nigerian gent. The taxi was possibly an older model Citroen Dispatch people carrier or a FIAT people carrier.

I have rang most of the taxi companies in town but none of them have taken in any phones over the weekend. The phone was turned off so I couldn't track it. I have also called the Gardai with no success.

Before anyone asks, stupidly on my behalf, it was not covered by insurance and as the phone is turned off I cannot track it. I have already called my provider and blocked the phone so it is basically a brick to anyone who tries to use it.

If anyone can be of any help it would be much appreciated. I think trying to track down this taxi man is my last hope. I am willing to offer a financial award if anyone hands up the phone or can trace it. I have the IMEI No. for the phone so could easily recognise it if it were mine.

Thanks lads and lasses.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

You probably don't have it setup but try this

http://www.apple.com/ie/iphone/find-my-iphone-setup/

edit: posted this before I read the full post :P

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

dazftw wrote: »
    You probably don't have it setup but try this

http://www.apple.com/ie/iphone/find-my-iphone-setup/

edit: posted this before I read the full post :P
    Yep, unfortunately I need the phone to be turned on for that to work. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

call your network provider and confirm it missing, if some tries to wipe it and use it will need to go through cellular and device activation which will pick up where it is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Any luck with finding the Iphone OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

STIG83 wrote: »
    Any luck with finding the Iphone OP?
    None whatsoever, STIG. I have given up all hope at this stage. Currently in a heated battle with my provider as they are trying to charge me 3 times the original amount I paid for a replacement. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

None whatsoever, STIG. I have given up all hope at this stage. Currently in a heated battle with my provider as they are trying to charge me 3 times the original amount I paid for a replacement. :mad:

Them phone company's are right fookers....kickin ya when yer down....tell em fcuk off and go to another provider....

Advertisement