Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transfer movies to galaxy s

Options
  • 06-04-2011 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

How do you transfer mp4 movies on your pc to samsung galaxy s. I have downloaded kies, but am lost.

I miss my iphone.

Hope i didnt make a mistake getting this.

Thks,

Del

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

There's a few other options other than Kies.

Get Swiftp, setup your phone as an ftp server and then drag and drop it over wifi with the Filezilla client

Or, if its a small file you could use dropbox and setup a sharing folder to sync, there's a dropbox app. You can then move the file after to another folder if need be

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭delboyfagan

Pog - could you go through this like im a 2 yr old as I am lost - not very techie

Many many thanks for reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Pog - could you go through this like im a 2 yr old as I am lost - not very techie

Many many thanks for reply

Install Swiftp and go through the instructions, once setup with a username and password it will then give you the ip address you'll be connecting to when you start it, something like 192.168.1.x. Leave it on the default port 2121

Then you install Filezilla on your pc, put in all the ftp details (username, password, given ip and port 2121) at the top and connect, You'll then be able to drag and drop the file onto your phone. Its probably best to drop the file onto the external sd.

The dropbox method I'd only use for small files, pictures etc. as it uploads them to a server online and your phone would then download them from there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

If you share a folder on your desktop PC, then install this on the phone -

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&feature=search_result

Go to New > Scan and it will find the shared folder, you can then stream MP4 or copy and paste etc.

Advertisement