Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurers & Quinn Direct

Options
  • 06-04-2011 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

hey all,

Don't want to start a fuss, is anyone having problems with insurers and hidden costs?
    I have a no claims from a previous emplyer a few yrs back but since they've close down and I cannot find any contact details for them or my NC, i have been told my premium is set to rise by 40%.

Is this standard? Is business that good for irish insurers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

you can't prove your no claims discount so they won't give you the discount. how is this a hidden cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Who closed down, the Insurer(the Underwriter) or the Broker(Agent authorised to sell the policy on behalf of the insurer)?

If it was just the Broker that closed down, call the Insurer directly and look for their 'Broker Services Dept' you can get your NCB proof there.

But yeah, if you cannot prove you NCB, you need to cough up.

If you are having problems finding out who you were insured with, I would contact your Motor Tax office, every year you tax your car, you need to provide insurance details like the Name of the Insurer and you policy number. The motor tax office will have a record

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

Thanks, sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Just noticed that I read your post wrong, you were on about your employer not a broker:rolleyes:

Glad you got it sorted!

Advertisement