Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intermittent outage with IBB/Imagine Breeze

• 06-04-2011 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Can anyone shed any light of the following please;

I have the IBB Breeze wireless broadband product. I am experiencing continual IP outages on my home wireless network. I am using an SMC barricade wireless router. The issue is not interference as I get exactly the same symptoms when sitting beside the router with my wireless connected laptop.
    Note that I never lose wireless coverage - just IP connectivity.

I've swapped out the existing router with a new one and reconfigured from factory default settings. The Imagine tech support say the radio interface is constant with no outages etc. Other than this issue, the service is excellent.

I'm now starting to suspect the Alvarion box that sits between the antenna and the router - has anyone any experience with failures or degradation of this box ? When I power cycle this box, connectivity is always restored.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cmulloy

Hi,
    Yes I'm having very similar problems to those described by yourself. I am connected to the Stillorgan transmitter and experience regular broadband outages.

I've been with Irishbroadband for about 9 or 10 years.

Like your experience, I need to either power cycle the Alvarion black box or the router connected to it.

What I find is really strange is that I can still 'ping' my static IP address so I have some form of connectivity back to the transmitter. However I can't ping the gateway IP or DNS servers or any internet sites. From that I take it that the problem exists within the Imagine network.

After a few minutes the service is restored and working again without further interference.

I've spoken with a friendly Imagine technical support person who, similar to what's been said to other posters on this site, said that there was no outage in the service and asked whether I had an additional router connected to the server. In fact I do, however the DHCP server is disabled so that shouldn't cause any issue.

Given that the outages happen so frequently it's driving me mad!

I've looked at the availability of UPC broadband in this area however there's no hint at when the service might be available here.

I don't want to go to Wimax as I've not heard very good reports.

Any suggestions for an alternative broadband supplier in the Blackrock area?

PS. I've long since got rid of my telephone land line so DSL is not an option.

Advertisement