Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flat roof/wall repair

• 06-04-2011 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

i need my flat roof repaired and my wall also. ive been quoted 2000 to put insulation and wood and whatnot on the outside of the roof, a 4inch false ceiling inside and the interior/exterior wall with some insulation boarding on it, all skimmed and tidy and clean. all materials supplied. the tradesman comes very highly recommended by a diy store locally and ive spoken a to a friend who got some work by this man done and can vouch highly for him. is this a reasonable price? i was also quoted 900 to do the same job but this man was going to nail down some insulation and cover it with torch on felt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

In the absence of areas involved, thickness and type of insulation/roof material etc and the spec on the whatsnots its impossible to form a useful opinion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 baz5291

depends how bad the roof is?did you strip it yet?and what is wrong with the wall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭IRISHROVER98

no i havent stripped it. its basically a concrete slab with felt on it. it has leaked into the kitchen and stripped paint off the walls and made the walls damp and dirty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 baz5291

shouldnt be a big job but when you are doing it do it right!as flat roofs can be tricky.where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭IRISHROVER98

portlaoise

• Advertisement
Advertisement