Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change name that email recipient sees

Options
  • 06-04-2011 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I hope this isn't a stupid question!

When I send an email from my eircom.net webmail account, at the receiver's end it looks like it is being sent from "DSL Bulk DSL Bulk"<myusername@eircom.net>.

Is there some way of getting rid of the "DSL Bulk" part? I'm afraid that a lot of people will automatically delete mails from me if they look like spam, and it looks unprofessional if I want to use the account for a formal email ...

Thanks

RM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Guys,

I hope this isn't a stupid question!

When I send an email from my eircom.net webmail account, at the receiver's end it looks like it is being sent from "DSL Bulk DSL Bulk"<myusername@eircom.net>.

Is there some way of getting rid of the "DSL Bulk" part? I'm afraid that a lot of people will automatically delete mails from me if they look like spam, and it looks unprofessional if I want to use the account for a formal email ...

Thanks

RM

Hi Robert

Thanks for your query.
    If you Private Message (PM) me your email account /address I will take a look at this.

Kind regards
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

If you are using new webmail,

click on "Preferences" then "Accounts" and change the from field in the page that appears.

Advertisement