Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic spirituality

Options
  • 06-04-2011 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi there.
    I've always felt connected to celtic energy but lately I've felt a very strong urge to do more about it. I feel in especially drawn to the goddess Danú. Is there things I can do in my daily life to strengthen this energy. Hope that mad sense and is in the right section.
    Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

As a Hellenic Pagan, I personally always meditate to become closer to the Gods. Meditating around something that reminds you of this spirituality could work for you.

Usually I also do something that falls under their remit, such as dedicating study to Athena or physical training to Ares or Apollo. I don't see why that couldn't be incorporated. Danu is a mother Goddess associated usually with land and water, so even actively recycling could be considered showing her favour.

I'd also strongly recommend wearing a symbol like a triskele, triquatra, Celtic knot, anything that you associate with this spirituality. I find it makes me feel much closer to my beliefs to wear a pendant with an Omega painted on it. It mightn't be everyone's taste, but very time I see my own it reminds me of who and what I am. On the plus side, you wouldn't have to make your own :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mniccaba

Thanks for the advice Urizen, there's lots there to think about!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hogflem

mniccaba wrote: »
    Hi there.
    I've always felt connected to celtic energy but lately I've felt a very strong urge to do more about it. I feel in especially drawn to the goddess Danú. Is there things I can do in my daily life to strengthen this energy. Hope that mad sense and is in the right section.
    Thanks for any advice.

If you have any parks,fields,lakes,nature of any sort around your location,go for a walk,find a nice quite spot,sit down preferably against a tree and(IF IT'S SAFE TO DO SO),close your eye's and listen,take in every noise,feel the breeze on your skin,you'll know inside yourself when you've made a connection to the earth,find an appropriate image,that puts you in mind of the mother,light a candle or an incence cone/stick,leave an offering,a flower for instance,become acquainted ,you should start to feel a definate connection.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ArdRi79

Go visit the paps of Anu in Kerry. If Danu is a deity (Its worth reading up on that) the closest thing to her will be there.

Advertisement