Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing section of Double Glazed Window

• 06-04-2011 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have cracked part of my bathroom window, a double glazed unit. I have rang around a few places and the quotes I am getting are €150 plus for supply and fitting.

Question is, is it hard to fit the new unit yourself? Has anyone done this recently but with a cheaper quote?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have cracked part of my bathroom window, a double glazed unit. I have rang around a few places and the quotes I am getting are €150 plus for supply and fitting.

Question is, is it hard to fit the new unit yourself? Has anyone done this recently but with a cheaper quote?

3 questions if I may.

Is the window at ground floor or not.

Can the glass be taken out from the inside, ie are the triangular pieces visible.
    is it the fixed panel or the ope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Carlow52 wrote: »
    3 questions if I may.

Is the window at ground floor or not. It's on the first floor

Can the glass be taken out from the inside, ie are the triangular pieces visible. No triangular pieces, just rubber seals
    is it the fixed panel or the ope It is the fixed section.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

That's not far off what they'll charge, I imagine it's obscured glass if it's in a bathroom. I got some clear units replaced recently, pm me if you want the name, they were reasonable, surveyed then fitted unit and removed waste. I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Thanks

Externally glazed so. The seals are removed from the inside. From the outside then you push in the unit and the external bead comes loose and glass gets taken out. New unit then fitted from outside, beads re positioned, seals then inserted from inside.

Advertisement