Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aiming to sell house beside airport to UK/American buyer - any sites?

Options
  • 06-04-2011 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

hey

im aiming to sell a cottage beside knock airport and with the lack of buyers here i was tinking of looking further a field possibly U/k or USA. Is there any sites or companies who target a specific market eg retired couples or holiday home sales to irish abroad .

Thanks in advance.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭francie82

thanks very much for that...is there many foreign properties posted on this? or is it more so properties associated with the locations of new york or london.....if u have any more feedback pm me ...any additional advice wud be great.....
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sorry, no idea. Craigslist is meant to be the american version of daft.ie - and is meant to be very good over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

craigslist is more like donedeal, adverts etc all in one. Anyways the OP is looking to sell the property at above market rates by putting it in places where it cannot be compared to other houses?
    The problem is not a lack of buyers (there are less people in the USA interested in your property than Irish people, thats for sure).
    If you put it for sale at a "real" price you will sell it in 2 weeks. The problem is that you want more than people are willing to pay.

Just a guess, but amirite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

OP - Have you tried RightMove?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/

This is the most popular site in the UK for houses/apartments for sale or rent. They also have a foreign market section.

HTH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭francie82

craigslist is more like donedeal, adverts etc all in one. Anyways the OP is looking to sell the property at above market rates by putting it in places where it cannot be compared to other houses?
    The problem is not a lack of buyers (there are less people in the USA interested in your property than Irish people, thats for sure).
    If you put it for sale at a "real" price you will sell it in 2 weeks. The problem is that you want more than people are willing to pay.

Just a guess, but amirite?

Hey, cheers for the reply. Im just trying to exhaust all options to be honest. The area where the house is located is kind of isolated and i think with the surplus of houses in the country it may be hard sell ......even if i was to advertise in Ireland with a local auctioneer at the market rate I dont think this property would sell quick. So before it goes up for sale im exhausting all options. Because it is near an airport it may suit a retired couple etc. House is in need of restoration wit an acre and a half but may suit a buyer who does not want to waste time and money with planning laws ad who wants to put their own spin on it. I will get it valued buy an auctioneer aswell...

Advertisement