Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymore Eustace

Options
  • 06-04-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Thought y'all might find this interesting :)

My Bro-in-law moved into a house in Ballymore about seven months ago with his wife, baby, and 3 year old daughter.

A couple of months in, his daughter said "Daddy tell the man to stay away from the closet, i'm trying to sleep.."
    This happened once or twice and it was nervously kinda laughed off...but when it started, they started hearing the odd thump noise from upstairs in my niece's bedroom.

Then a couple of weeks ago, we were all over, I was pushing her on the swing and she says to me "theres the little baby..." I said " Don't be silly, you're nearly 4 now...you're not a baby.." To which she responds "Not meee...The baby over there, he just crawled into the garage..."

I found it fascinating, because I was watching her and her eyes were definitely following something.

Then today, my wife sent me a text...

Last night my niece ran into her parents room at 4am and said "Daddy can you tell the little girl to stop pulling the covers off me.."

In he went and noticed the covers were folded neatly at the very bottom of the bed, so he tucked her back in and she said "Daddy can you just tell the girl to leave the covers alone..!!"

Mad stuff!!! I suggested they set a video camera up!

The house is well over 100 years old, refurbished a lot, but a good size of the original house is still present in the new design. Hard to find any history though, it's just an un-named house on its own...

Still, found it very interesting :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I used to spend a couple of weeks a year as a kid out there and on a few occasions saw both a man and a child down by the old alley. I love the area so if I had a reason to go back and take a look at a situation like this I'd be very happy. I'm a dad to 2 young kids so my interest in this case isn't looking for proof of "ghosts" but I'd be happy to talk to the family if they wanted to?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭micko38

Is it near Tinnycross

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

micko38 wrote: »
    Is it near Tinnycross
    Certainly is micko, I did a search but couldn't find much.

6th, they don't seem as interested about the whole thing as I am...but if theres anymore developments I'll let ya know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭micko38

Think I know the house you mean i'll make some inquiries

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

PM sent.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

I'd love to hear an update to this story. It sounds terribly scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

definitely a ghost. perhaps a hotel maid in a previous life with her bed cloth folding skills.
    any updates op??

No updates as of yet!

It's been very much intermittent...quite a few weeks - even months between incidents.

Will deffo keep updated. I just wish my bro in law was up for getting paranormal teams etc in, but no go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Personally I think it's a child with an active imagination.

maccored wrote: »
    Personally I think it's a child with an active imagination.
    Could well be!

But theres a difference in kids behaviour, personality, body language when talkin about made up things and genuine things that they may see.

• Advertisement

with respect, i dont think there is. children with really vivid imaginations believe what they are seeing/think they're seeing. If there was other supporting information, outside of what the child has seen/heard etc then maybe ... but otherwise my money is on imagination, or certainly something that only the child experiences (whether thats imagination or things we cant see I cant tell you).

Again, may well be...but I know my niece too, and have seen her playing alone pretending to give somebody tea and biscuits with her little kitchen play unit, and its chalk and cheese!

Both parents have also heard the initial noises that I mentioned in my original post!

But if everything involved with childrens view and experiences was put down to imagination we'd lose out on a lot of paranormal stories and experiences!

as i say ... if there was more to it than only what your niece was experiencing then I'd assume there may be more to it, but to think its a ghost because of what your neice says without any other info, as well as the fact its well known that children do imagine things (unless all imaginary freinds are actually real) - i reckon its a bit of a jump to state its a ghost tbh. Each to their own of course.

Einstein wrote: »
    Again, may well be...but I know my niece too, and have seen her playing alone pretending to give somebody tea and biscuits with her little kitchen play unit, and its chalk and cheese!

Both parents have also heard the initial noises that I mentioned in my original post!

But if everything involved with childrens view and experiences was put down to imagination we'd lose out on a lot of paranormal stories and experiences!
    I never said it was just her that was hearing / seeing anything :)

I dont want to drag down your thread, but both parents heard the banging noises from the childs room, where the child was. Mystery solved.

I dont want to drag down your thread, but both parents heard the banging noises from the childs room, where the child was. Mystery solved.
    I never said that she was in the room when the noises were heard...

The thumping noises were a number of weeks after the first incident. She wasn't in bed, they were in the Kitchen eating dinner.

Sure you're not from the Leinster debunking paranormal activities group? :p

LeinsterParanormal do paranormal research - that includes being logical, looking at the facts and not jumping to conclusions. I fear you are jumping to conclusions with this one.

Personally I believe you WANT to think it's a ghost, and Ive no problem with that either. You never know, maybe it is, but you cant really say that from what you've told us so far (imo)

LeinsterParanormal do paranormal research - that includes being logical, looking at the facts and not jumping to conclusions. I fear you are jumping to conclusions with this one.

Personally I believe you WANT to think it's a ghost, and Ive no problem with that either. You never know, maybe it is, but you cant really say that from what you've told us so far (imo)
    I don't believe I've jumped to conclusions, and all I can go on is what I've seen and what i've been told. Maybe there is a ghost, maybe there isn't, doesn't effect me one way or another.

But I know for sure that 3 year old children don't fold their bedsheets perfectly at the end of the bed and random thumping noises in a house isn't normal (unless its a heating problem and a pipe is rattling, which it wasn't).

I didn't post to gain people beliefs, I simply wanted to share an experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Interesting story OP. I understand what you mean by the behavioral difference in children when they are imagining and genuinely seeing things. Have you ever spoken to your niece about things she sees in any great detail?

Rasmus wrote: »
    Interesting story OP. I understand what you mean by the behavioral difference in children when they are imagining and genuinely seeing things. Have you ever spoken to your niece about things she sees in any great detail?
    Nope, only just to ask the girl what her name is next time it happens so that we can dig a little deeper into the history of the house and famliy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any new news since OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

are the ghosts peadophiles?

Advertisement