Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Two Years

Options
  • 06-04-2011 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

So after the summer I will be entering my last two years of my degree in UCD. I have been far from the ideal student the last few years and would really like to hit the ground running for when my results count towards my degree and was wondering if anybody has any advice on what to expect from the exams, workload, and anything i could do now to improve myself for september. All advice appreciated :D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I take it you've just started in hospitals then? Use the time between now and summer to get decent at taking histories. If you can do a good physical exam great but you've got till Christmas to get to grips with that really. After you've talked to patients, read their charts, see what you missed, and also what they've had done in hospital etc. Basically find out how things work as best you can.

Oh and try not to spend an hour and a half with a patient like one of your colleagues allegedly did the other day. It leaves them a bit worn out for when the final meds go to talk with them, and we've exams in 3 weeks :P

Advertisement