Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lennon - Im no scapegoat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

well then twitch face has a lot of questions to answer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

keane=cock wrote: »
    well then twitch face has a lot of questions to answer!!!

learn some manners, don't be an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Lennon seems a fairly honest type, so personally I don't doubt him. On the other hand I don't have any doubts about Harry's selection.

This is my take on it.......It's like when you go into work work feeling a little rough, you can do your job but you know your not giving it 100%. Relay that to a football match against one of the best teams in the world, you want to play but when your honest with the boss, he makes a decision to replace you with someone who is inferior but will give 100% as opposed to the 60-70% you can give.

I think the whole point about Lennon dropping out is irrelevant anyway, as had been playing as soon as Crouch went off, Harry would have sacrificed an attacker for bringing on Bassong or Jenas.

I'm more concerned at Gomes poor ability to deal with the two tame efforts at goal. Adebayor's 1st and Ronaldo's goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Harry Redknapp has leapt to the defence of Aaron Lennon – telling talkSPORT the winger is not to blame for Spurs' 4-0 defeat to Real Madrid.

Lennon took to Twitter to angrily hit out at claims he "bottled" out of the Bernabeu clash with his late withdrawal. He also refuted reports he only made Spurs staff aware of his illness just before kick-off and pleaded with fans not to make him a scapegoat.

And Redknapp has backed the 23-year-old, telling the Drive Time boys: "No-one’s made him a scapegoat. It wasn’t Aaron‘s fault. He didn’t bottle anything.

“Aaron hadn’t been feeling well during the day. The doctor came to me and said ‘look, he is on antibiotics, I think he will be OK’. He went out for a warm-up, I picked the team, put the team-sheet in and he came back in. We were sitting almost waiting to go out and I looked at him and he was sitting there looking like death warmed up.

“I said to him ‘are you OK?’ He said, ‘I’ve got no strength and no energy but I’ll give it a go’. I said, ‘but do you feel you can play, if you haven’t got any strength or energy do you feel you can go out there?’. He said, ‘I don’t know, I want to play but I haven’t got any energy or any strength in my body. What do you do? I had to make a decision.

"He was key to everything we wanted to do yesterday, him and Gareth Bale were really where we were looking to cause problems to Real Madrid. He’s been fantastic for me since I’ve been at the club and I was desperate for him to play but do I take the chance of sending the kid out when he doesn’t feel he’s got any strength or energy, to go and play in a game like that. So I said, ‘look I know how much you want to play but you can’t take the chance here if you don’t feel you can go out and do yourself justice' and that was it.

“No one is blaming Aaron for not playing - he’s been fantastic for us”Harry Redknapp

“No-one is blaming Aaron for not playing. He’s been fantastic for us. I’ve got no problems with the kid whatsoever. I was sitting there looking at his face. He’s normally chirpy in the dressing room before he goes out and I looked and he didn’t look well. What am I supposed to do, send him out to play? I had to make a decision. It wasn’t Aaron‘s fault. He didn’t bottle anything. The kid wasn’t well."

Redknapp also accused Real Madrid's players of getting Peter Crouch sent off and refused to be too critical of the giant striker.

He added: “They made a meal of it. They made sure they got him sent off. When it happened they were all after the referee and over-acting and the player was rolling around.

"But he made a mistake Peter. No-one could feel more sorry than Crouchy does. He’s been great for me over the years. He’s made a mistake - these things can happen."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Don`t blame Gomes for the first, do blame him for the fourth and hope to never see crouch in a spurs shirt again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Harry is just saying what he's got to say in regard to the Crouch shambles.

All in all Crouch is an honest type player who knows he made the biggest f*ck up of his career last night and has rightly apologised to his team mates for ruining any chance (small or not) that we had of reaching the semi's.

I have drawn a line under last nights result and am just looking to the team getting some important wins in the PL now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

h2005 wrote: »
    and hope to never see crouch in a spurs shirt again

Crap Quote. He fcuked up. I have done the same myself in a big game a couple of years ago. albeit at a slightly lower standard :D. You dont do these things on purpose... Im sure he feels pretty crap about it himslef. Immediately after the incident, i was bitter, but you have to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

learn some manners, don't be an idiot

apologies.

point still stands.

harry needs to answer..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

h2005 wrote: »
    hope to never see crouch in a spurs shirt again

If it wasn't for Crouch's goal at the San Siro you wouldn't have an away defeat to Real to ponder over.

Hell, if it wasn't for his goal at the City of Manchester you wouldn't have even got to see Young Boys.

Advertisement