Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

those new savings!!

Options
  • 06-04-2011 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

have recently returned to ESB from Airtricity for electricity supply only, was looking at the esb website after hearing on the radio about the 'new' savings that customers can make!! Saw that to qualify for the largest saving, 14%,applicable to me I would need to

1. pay by direct debit
    2. choose online billing

I have now done both of these so just checking is there anything I have missed that I need to do?

tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

psychosax wrote: »
    have recently returned to ESB from Airtricity for electricity supply only, was looking at the esb website after hearing on the radio about the 'new' savings that customers can make!! Saw that to qualify for the largest saving, 14%,applicable to me I would need to

1. pay by direct debit
    2. choose online billing

I have now done both of these so just checking is there anything I have missed that I need to do?

tia

You still have to formally request a change of plan, and it appears you want the Super Saver plan. You can ring them or do it on line if you prefer and choose Existing Customer.

Might be best to ring in your case as you've only recently returned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi psychosax,

As danjo-xx correctly advised above, to have your new price plan applied, you would either need to contact us on 1850 30 50 90, or update your existing tariff online here. You could also request a callback.

The reason the price plans aren't automatically applied is because there are a range of price plan options that would need to be tailored to each individual customer. If you are signed up to online billing already you should receive a notification about the new price plans, which includes a direct link to update your account.

Hope that clears it up. Thanks for the enquiry,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 psychosax

thanks David & Danjo-xx, just rang and got sorted, just as well I rang as I wasnt set up for the direct debit option:eek: even do I thought I had done this yesterday online!!!!!

Thanks for the update psychosax, I'm glad to hear you got sorted. :)

just got a letter this morning telling me that I need to sign up for the "online billing" discount and complete the enclosed direct debit instruction within 30 days of the date of this letter!!

can someone look into this for me?

after getting useful info here I rang customer care on 07/04/11 and gave them my bank account details etc and the agent that I spoke to assured me that there was nothing else I needed to do, I was now signed up for maximum savings available in my situation!!!

so can someone check that this information was indeed correct or do I need to send back these forms?

thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi psychosax,

If you PM me your account details, I will check that for you.

Or you can go straight to this link to register online. :)

Regards,
    Una

Hi psychosax,

If you PM me your account details, I will check that for you.

Or you can go straight to this link to register online. :)

Regards,
    Una

all sorted thanks to friendly and helpful Una:D

thanks Tia, :p

• Registered Users Posts: 44 funnystory

Hi David/Una ,

I called ESB sales and asked them for "supersaver Nightsaver" priceplan as i am existing ESB customer,they told as i am already paying by Direct debit i will get 12% discount and if i sign for online billing i will get further 2% discount which i happily did .
    Today i was checking my priceplan, it says "Reward".I just wanted to confirm whether my priceplan is been changed to "supersaver nightsaver" or not .....or do i have to call back and ask them to change .
    It bit confusing :confused:.

Hi funnystory,

Happy to clear this up for you. :)

Our 'Reward' tariff is practically the same as the Supersaver plan (whether you are on a 24hr or Nightsaver tariff), except that it boasts the added benefit of guaranteeing a core 8% discount, direct debit or not. With the Supersaver price plan, direct debit is mandatory; and if cancelled, prices then revert to the standard tariff. With the Reward price plan, this is not the case.

If you'd like me to have a look at your account for you, just PM me your details.

Thanks,

David.

Hi David, PM sent.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi David, PM re-sent .
    Thanks

Response re-sent (data protection confirmed) and query resolved for funnystory.

Thanks for all your help

Advertisement