Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching back and adding Night saver !

Options
  • 06-04-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Ok, Here is my situation, I switched to BG (BordGais) a good while back and I am looking to switch back to Electric Ireland to benefit from the night saver option (and the newer prices)...

But I do not have the dual meter needed for this.

My question Can I get everything organized and done in one call? I understand a new meter will have to be installed but I do not really want to switch and then organize the new meter...
    I would also switch the gas and I meet the requirement for the Dual SuperSaver night saver (DD and online bills)

Thank You .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi leonlafrite,

If you PM me your account details I can have this arranged for you.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭leonlafrite

Ok, sounds good - you will need both my gas and electricity accoutn details, correct ?
    How much will it be to get a new meter fitted ? Do I need to be present or not ?
    when will have I that to pay the install fee ?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi leonlafrite,

Good news is that there is no install fee. However, should you wish to revert to the 24-hr tariff, a fee would then apply.

Just some info so you can gauge your suitability for the Nightsaver in advance; a typical Urban or Rural customer using 5,300kWh per year would need to use a minimum of 3 units by night (i.e. between 11pm and 8am in wintertime, or 12am and 9am in summertime) to benefit from this tariff. (If you need more info on units etc, and how you can calculate them, see here).
    Do I need to be present or not ?

If there are no difficulties accessing your meter, then you wouldn't necessarily need to be there.
    Ok, sounds good - you will need both my gas and electricity accoutn details, correct ?

Plus current meter readings from both meters; we can then organise it all for you. :)

Thanks,

David.

Thanks david, i will do the math but looks like we would save- I will PM the details later this evening.
    Nicholas.

Good morning David,

I just PM you all the relevant detials.

Nicholas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement