Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monopod

Options
  • 06-04-2011 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Just to share.. I got my new accushot monpod in the post yesterday.
    Lads its some job.
    used it instead of a rifle rest to zero and I find it even steadier than the rest.
    Was shooting little shamrocks at 100yds :)

IMAG0128.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

Fine bit of kit ;) Any harm in asking ware you acquire the monpod.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Xplor.er

been looking for one of these for a while. can i ask where you got it and for how much:)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

I bought it direct from the makers. Just type accushot into Google and youll find the site. Cost around 80 euro include post. Took less than a week to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

i've been thinking about getting one of those for a while
    which model did you get?
    i was looking at the site, and i can't make up my mind which height one would be the best

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mayfly36

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

declan1980 wrote: »
    i've been thinking about getting one of those for a while
    which model did you get?
    i was looking at the site, and i can't make up my mind which height one would be the best

I'd say it would depend on what height bipod you are usin and the shape of your stock.

Everytime you go taking a shot from prone, take note of how high the back of your stock is raised from the ground...and which ever height is the most common( or hardest to keep steady) choose a size to suit that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

Good idea ! Bit expensive though...

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

It was a little bit expensive but its so handy. Just flip it down if you need it. No more carrying a rifle rest in the boot or down the quarry or whatever for zeroing.

The one I got is this..
    http://www.accu-shot.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=83

I think it was money well spent, then I do a fair bit of 'zeroing'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

patsat wrote: »
    I'd say it would depend on what height bipod you are usin and the shape of your stock.

Everytime you go taking a shot from prone, take note of how high the back of your stock is raised from the ground...and which ever height is the most common( or hardest to keep steady) choose a size to suit that!
    i'm using a harris 9-13" swivel on a tikka supervarmint. i mainly use the bipod in its shortest setting for shots past 200~225, this is what i was considering the monopod for as i find it harder to keep steady on small target out past these distances.
    i was even thinking that i would be nice to have somthing like that to hold onto when the bipod is extended fully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Now why would the Accuracy Int. version be nearly 100 squids more expensive :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Now why would the Accuracy Int. version be nearly 100 squids more expensive :eek:

Because they know fellas who buy AI's have money to burn!

I think I'll get one of those pods for my .223.

Got word I have a few extra bob coming in the next paypacket :D

And then try to organize a 600 yard bunny :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Because they know fellas who buy AI's have money to burn!

Well I can assure you this bunny hasn't, he was just lucky and quick with the "submit reply" button ;):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Comeraghshooter

I put one on my AICS and find it very handy when zeroing or taking long shots.

monopod.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

Sweet setup :D

Advertisement