Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shorten cord length on earphones

• 06-04-2011 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Guys,

I'm considering a new pair if Shure SE215's to replace my old Shure 115's

the 115's had a short cord and a modular longer cable that plugged into it.

the was well handy if you use a BT remote (clipped to collar) when out running

of course the new SE215's have a long cord :(

any idea where in Dublin I could go to get the cord re-terminated to the length I want?

I'm sure there's loads of Audio places around that could do it but I'm not familiar with any - suggestions?

cheers eske

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭eske

Audiophiles? Any ideas? Where would you go to get headphone cables shortened in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I posted a thread here about what needs to be done when replacing a headphone jack. It's essentially the same process for shortening a cable. It's not the easiest thing to do and you'd be wise to practice on a cheap headphones before starting on expensive headphones.

Tbh I'd think you're better off looking at cable management rather than something potentially destructive or detrimental to sound quality. Look for something to carefully wrap them around to pick up any excess slack, or use some twist plastic ties. If you want to attach the bundle to your person you could use a mini bulldog clip.

thanks for all that

you can use this method to shorten your earphones. Just start at point where you want to shorten and wrap towards jack connector.

It's actually better to use figure of 8 wrapping around your fingers rather than just wrapping around as in video (untangles bettter).

I'm wrapping the cord as suggested

but it kinda looks ridiculous when the bluetooth remote is clipped to my collar and there's a bunch of wrapped cord hanging under my chin

I'm still tempted to get the cord shortened - preferably by someone who knows what they're doing

other than that my new shure se215 are the dogs bollocks

• Advertisement
Advertisement