Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Replacement

Options
  • 06-04-2011 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an existing HKC CS210 (maybe not exactly correct model) alarm that is disconnected due to the fact I couldn't silence the alarm and it is engineer locked i.e. requires a factory reset.

I have just built a granny flat and would like to add these zones, a text dialer and possible video camera / networking capability to.

I want to use the existing sensors in the house where possible.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
    James.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you are looking for network access look at the Siemens SigNET 220
    With build in web server this panel has the best remote access around.
    You could also network a DVR with remote access and set up X10 devices to activate using cause and effect. eg Switch lights if alarm activates . Switch off lights /heating etc if alarm is set...
    If you are not in a hurry I would also wait untill May when Siemens are launching a version of the SIgNET 100 with a web server. This will be a good bit cheaper than the 220.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,

I have an existing HKC CS210 (maybe not exactly correct model) alarm that is disconnected due to the fact I couldn't silence the alarm and it is engineer locked i.e. requires a factory reset.

I have just built a granny flat and would like to add these zones, a text dialer and possible video camera / networking capability to.

I want to use the existing sensors in the house where possible.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
    James.

You will need a DVR along with an alarm system to do what you want. If you install a the newer HKC Securewave it will be a straight swap for the older HKC alarm you have installed. This will also allow you add the extra zones as it has 10 hardwire zones in the panel. It can also be expanded to 70 zones if you need more, plus you can add wire free devices. It can do voice or text depending on your service provider for the phone. Most DVRs allow you connect on your mobile for if the alarm was to activate to have a look at your home.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Reading over the OP again , I think I may have got confused on what your looking for. Is it just the CCTV your looking for networking on?
    If you don't want network connection on the alarm then Altor's suggestion of the Securewave 10/70 is the better option.

Advertisement