Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL2 DELT??

• 06-04-2011 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Right, here's an odd one, noticed my line speed very slow today, I do a speedtest and lo and behold my 8Mbps line isn't even pulling down 1Mbps, I log into the router and there's 2 weird things I notice, firstly my DSL is set at 1024kbps / 126kbps and secondly my DSL mode is ADSL2 DELT instead of the usual ADSL2+

3 phone calls to my ISP tech support and (long story short) the last guy seems to think my line is being upgraded (but I already have the max speed my ISP provides) and says that 'this' often happens when people get moved from one server to another, he said to ring back in a few days (felt like I was being fobbed off TBH), anyway about six this evening my line speed goes up to 6144kbps/ 507kbps but it's still ADSL2 DELT, so what's going on?

(Perhaps coincidentally, all this was started this morning 15mins after I saw an Eircom guy at the manhole in front of my house??)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

It appears that the tech guy was correct, my line is being upgraded and the ADSL2 DELT is a test, it stands for 'dual-ended line testing', good to see that they're maximising my line for the future :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

gtg60 wrote: »
    isn't even pulling down 1GB...

I'd be happy with that speed connection tbh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Right, here's an odd one, noticed my line speed very slow today, I do a speedtest and lo and behold my 8GB line isn't even pulling down 1GB, I log into the router and there's 2 weird things I notice, firstly my DSL is set at 1024kbps / 126kbps and secondly my DSL mode is ADSL2 DELT instead of the usual ADSL2+

3 phone calls to my ISP tech support and (long story short) the last guy seems to think my line is being upgraded (but I already have the max speed my ISP provides) and says that 'this' often happens when people get moved from one server to another, he said to ring back in a few days (felt like I was being fobbed off TBH), anyway about six this evening my line speed goes up to 6144kbps/ 507kbps but it's still ADSL2 DELT, so what's going on?

(Perhaps coincidentally, all this was started this morning 15mins after I saw an Eircom guy at the manhole in front of my house??)

Firstly can you tell us what ISP is upgrading your line?

Also, I think you meant to say your 8 Mb line;) 8Mb/s to be accurate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

D'oh, of course 8Mbps.

I'm with Perlico (who's owned by Vodafone who resell Eircom lines :D)

The third tech guy I spoke to found a notice from Eircom that they were upgrading my exchange between the 4th and 12th of April, when he was doing line tests he found I was on a different server than he expected and said I must already have been migrated, I'm curious as to what the possible upgrade will be as I already had 8Mbps, what is the fastest you can get on copper lines with ADSL2+ anyway? 12Mbps??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

D'oh, of course 8Mbps.

I'm with Perlico (who's owned by Vodafone who resell Eircom lines :D)

The third tech guy I spoke to found a notice from Eircom that they were upgrading my exchange between the 4th and 12th of April, when he was doing line tests he found I was on a different server than he expected and said I must already have been migrated, I'm curious as to what the possible upgrade will be as I already had 8Mbps, what is the fastest you can get on copper lines with ADSL2+ anyway? 12Mbps??

24Mbps...if you lived in the exchange.

• Advertisement
Advertisement