Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filter for hose pipe

• 06-04-2011 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Got a new pressure washer, it's just a cheap one that requires the water to come from a tap, as opposed to having its own suction pump.

It recommends putting a filter on the inlet line (which is just a garden pipe/hose connection), if you have your own well. I have had a look on ebay and amazon but can't find a filter that looks like it'll do the job.

Can anybody help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Got a new pressure washer, it's just a cheap one that requires the water to come from a tap, as opposed to having its own suction pump.

It recommends putting a filter on the inlet line (which is just a garden pipe/hose connection), if you have your own well. I have had a look on ebay and amazon but can't find a filter that looks like it'll do the job.

Can anybody help?

Go to any good hardware or plumbers suppliers (not not the D.I.Y. shops) and ask them for an in line filter for 1/2" pipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There is a reason for this. Its to stop the grit from the well clogging the hose. Fitting a filter can slow down the water to the pump

What i use to do was fill a barrel and then connect the pump at least 6" from the bottom.

However it will do no harm trying the filter first as its never good having a full barrel around the house with kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

There is a reason for this. Its to stop the grit from the well clogging the hose. Fitting a filter can slow down the water to the pump

What i use to do was fill a barrel and then connect the pump at least 6" from the bottom.

However it will do no harm trying the filter first as its never good having a full barrel around the house with kids.

Yeah I was figuring the pressure drop on the filter would cause the water flowrate to decrease.

Was the pressure in the barell enough to supply water to the pressure washer?? Mine is supposed to be fed off the tap, it doesn't suck the water in... was yours similar or was it a bigger one that pumped the water in?

How much did you pay for the filter can you remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭slystallone

How did you get on in the end? What flow rate did you need for the water going into the washer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Haha this is a long time ago! I think I didn't find a filter so just went ahead and used the power washer, was actually my dads one and it worked fine until the outlet hose connecting to the power washer handle broke.

• Advertisement
Advertisement