Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diesel prices

• 06-04-2011 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I finished the diesel in the tank last week so I had to go to the local Co Op for a few drums on Saturday. Couldnt believe it when I saw it was 99c a litre. Just got the tank filled today from a local oil supplier for 86c a litre.

Happy enough with that. What are people paying per litre round the country.

Also do people think their local co-ops/suppliers are offering value. I wonder if they are marking up everything that much. Our co op (Connaught Gold) seems to be mad dear for most things recently.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭NewBeefFarmer

Is it any wonder with all the new and revamped stores. Swinford, castlebar 1.5mill now for westport

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Towzer, if that 86 cent price included vat you did ok, about 2wks ago neighbour paid 91.5 cent/litre. What part of the country are you in?

I've heard that when the oil companies here are paying for imports they can't use a bank draft from an Irish bank!:eek:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

blue5000 wrote: »
    Towzer, if that 86 cent price included vat you did ok, about 2wks ago neighbour paid 91.5 cent/litre. What part of the country are you in?

I've heard that when the oil companies here are paying for imports they can't use a bank draft from an Irish bank!:eek:

Yes that includes vat. I'm in the north west. I bought off Stewarts Oil in Boyle, Co Roscommon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

Is it any wonder with all the new and revamped stores. Swinford, castlebar 1.5mill now for westport

2 mil for Sligo one as well I think. Then you see a report in the Journal saying they are beating the recession. No wonder when the get it back off us straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭barryoc1

I got drum of it for 89 cent a litre at the local petrol station last weekend. In Limerick county.

• Advertisement
Advertisement