Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage needs multiple computer connections

Options
  • 06-04-2011 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

i have a standard Wireless Eircom router in the house. In the garage i have a Belkin Wireless G Universal Range Extender and it works fine. then i have that connected to a link-system 5 port ethernet hub.
    this is where my problems start basically only one computer will work on the 5 port hub. if i try and connect 2 both links go dead for Internet anyway. i think the 2 computers can transfer data between themselves but the Internet no work when more than one computer is on the hub.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭swampgas

That sounds a bit strange. Does it matter at all which port you use on the 5-port hub (although it might be a switch) ?

Can you post the exact model number of the hub?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

bobdole968 wrote: »
    i have a standard Wireless Eircom router in the house. In the garage i have a Belkin Wireless G Universal Range Extender and it works fine. then i have that connected to a link-system 5 port ethernet hub.
    this is where my problems start basically only one computer will work on the 5 port hub. if i try and connect 2 both links go dead for Internet anyway. i think the 2 computers can transfer data between themselves but the Internet no work when more than one computer is on the hub.

Some "5" port hubs are only 4 ports hubs, and the 5th one is just a cross-wired version of 4th one and you cannot use both at the same time.

Try just connecting the computers to port 2 and 3 for now, see if that changes anything for you.

Advertisement