Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Short course for research project

• 06-04-2011 8:54pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm looking to see if anyone knows of short (6-weekish) photography courses in Dublin? I know I could Google it and ask around, but I trust you guys and I know there's some talented photographers - I've been looking at your stuff for a while now and love it :)

I'm a freelance journalist and hopefully I'll be travelling to Vietnam in the summer to do a research project on development issues. I can borrow a decent camera from a lecturer I know in DIT's Media Department, but knowing how to use the camera properly is essential, as I'm hoping to design a photo slideshow along with an article.

So, can you help me? Cheers, guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

KidKeith89 wrote: »
    I can borrow a decent camera from a lecturer I know in DIT's Media Department, but knowing how to use the camera properly is essential, as I'm hoping to design a photo slideshow along with an article.

If you are getting a loan of a camera from a lecturer, then why not throw them a few quid to spend some time out and about with you to help you come to grips with the camera, one-on-one tutoring is going to beat any course hands down. If they go out with you for an hour or two each week and then leave the camera for you to use in between times, you will learn quickly.

Other than that, check out www.iop.ie for courses, in fact they have a free "Street session" this weekend. which might useful for you:

http://www.iop.ie/freesessions/street.htm

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭KidKeith89

dave66 wrote: »
    If you are getting a loan of a camera from a lecturer, then why not throw them a few quid to spend some time out and about with you to help you come to grips with the camera, one-on-one tutoring is going to beat any course hands down. If they go out with you for an hour or two each week and then leave the camera for you to use in between times, you will learn quickly.

Other than that, check out www.iop.ie for courses, in fact they have a free "Street session" this weekend. which might useful for you:

http://www.iop.ie/freesessions/street.htm

Thanks, Dave. Well the lecturers that I know aren't actually photographers themselves, they just have access to the media department's equipment. But I suppose even asking lecturers on the photography course is a pretty good idea - I'll definitely check that out. And thanks also for info on iop.ie, I'll check that out, too! Thanks man, you were the only one who replied :)

Advertisement