Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If we don't get CL and Arry goes....

Options
  • 06-04-2011 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

either of his own accord or Levy shows him the door who could we realistically get as manager?
    (Leave out Mourinho, Hiddink or even Rafa cos none of them will come without CL!)

Who is gettable in the prem league? Moyes? Coyle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

too soon for coyle? Id have my money on moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

I have this gut feeling its gonna be Jose if we get top 4...
    If no CL place id rather have Coyle than Moyes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

mushykeogh wrote: »
    too soon for coyle? Id have my money on moyes.

Lot of talk that Coyle will be the next gooner manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

if jose wanted the job then he wouldnt let one season without champs league put him off. he is so confident and sure of this succcess that he will be happy to wait a year for champs league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

mickman wrote: »
    if jose wanted the job then he wouldnt let one season without champs league put him off. he is so confident and sure of this succcess that he will be happy to wait a year for champs league

would love it if you were right but not a snowball in hells chance of him coming to WHL without CL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    would love it if you were right but not a snowball in hells chance of him coming to WHL without CL.

Agree. And he would want plenty of Pounds to spend too, something Im not sure Levy would dish out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

what about barcelona manager pep guardiola,

rumours of him leaving.....

marty2002 wrote: »
    I have this gut feeling its gonna be Jose if we get top 4...

The only Jose wel see is José Dominguez for a halftime round of applause.

He wouldnt want the job, he wouldnt touch a non champs league team, and the fact we wont pay either his wages or the 120 million transfer kitty he says he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

LMAO @ Dominguez remark.

.. sure he couldn't get a clap of a bangkok brasser

Ruel Fox ... now there was a winger!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

yiddo59 wrote: »
    either of his own accord or Levy shows him the door who could we realistically get as manager?
    (Leave out Mourinho, Hiddink or even Rafa cos none of them will come without CL!)

Who is gettable in the prem league? Moyes? Coyle?

Do you think Levy will give him the elbow if we don't get CL this season? Would he?

• Advertisement

tomo75 wrote: »
    Do you think Levy will give him the elbow if we don't get CL this season? Would he?

No Chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

think he might.

rumours of a meeting recently where the board told harry that they werent happy with not being in the top four and that he is not looking for the right kind of player in the transfer market. the board wanted suarez but harry said he wasnt any better than what he had

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

No way. We'll most likely finish the season in 5th or 6th, which isn't bad considering how long were were in the CL, so Harry'll get another proper crack at it next season, hopefully with a new frontline. His job is absolutely safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

rumours of a meeting recently where the board told harry that they werent happy with not being in the top four and that he is not looking for the right kind of player in the transfer market. the board wanted suarez but harry said he wasnt any better than what he had

If that's true well then Harry is a ****ing idiot.. I love the man, I hope he never leaves us, but ffs, Suarez mot much better than what we already have!?! He's miles better than anyone we have atm... I maybe a bit dramatic here but that's almost unforgiveable.. We had more money than LFC at the time as well (before the Torres transfer AFAIR)..

Where did you hear this? Sounds a bit tabloidy! Im sure the board arent happy we are outside the top four but were still in with a chance. Just hoping for Balotelli to cause a huge row with most of his team mates and Tevez to headbutt Mancini! Seriously though, the run in of any season always throws up some twists and turns so if we can keep picking up the points and city draw or lose a game the pressure might suddenly heap onto them.

im concerned that we spend most of this season just outside the top four where as last season we were in the top four for the majority of the season.

read it in an article, could be total rubbish but harry is defending himself a lot these days in interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

[QUOTE
    im concerned that we spend most of this season just outside the top four where as last season we were in the top four for the majority of the season.[/QUOTE]

Considering that our strikers have only scored 13 goal between them - I think lucky that we are even in fifth and could possibly sneak 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭van der vart

Cant see that happening, remember where we were when Harry arrived.
    everyone including Levy would have been very happy with 5th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭van der vart

[QUOTE
    im concerned that we spend most of this season just outside the top four where as last season we were in the top four for the majority of the season.

Considering that our strikers have only scored 13 goal between them - I think lucky that we are even in fifth and could possibly sneak 4th.[/QUOTE]

Same as last year, City will be the big one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Loving this Liverpool game :D
    This will do great things for our moral.
    Not looking forward to going to Anfield though!
    Forget about Suarez, we should have broke the bank for Carroll.
    Absolute monster and scores more goals than Crouch!
    I think that is nonsense about Harry.
    He has brought consistancy to our club and he should be left to do his job.
    I'm not worried about City any more.
    The Hudd is back and Tevez looks goosed for the rest of the season!
    We have what they don't have........History!
    COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Lads ye need to come back down to earth if ye think Guardiola or Mourhinho would come to Spurs after managing Real & Barcelona respectively. :o

Coyle or Moyes would be great when Harry leaves, Hiddink would be even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iceferg

Martin Jol . I would love to see him come back , after the way he was treated i dont think he would consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Mourinhio will go to Utd when he's finished in Spain Gaurdila will stay with Barca for years to come.
    I think we'll be lucky to get someone like hiding we might be able to attract a good German coach though. We could get Benitez but I'm not sure about him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭happy hotspur

a good German coach

Klinsmann back to the lane !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Klinsmann :D
    What a Legend.
    I'll never forget he could have got 6 goals against Wimbledon when he came back for a second time to save us.
    He ended up with 4 goals and hit the wood work twice!
    Ginola made a fool out of Thatcher that day and he got sent off!

Anyone think Ancelotti might be interested?

Anyone think Ancelotti might be interested?

No, he'll go back to Italy.

Was talking to a STH at the game on Wed night, and he heard that Levy would be willing to take a gamble on the Porto manager Villas Boas, he has some record at Porto, and is one of the youngest coaches around.

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Was talking to a STH at the game on Wed night, and he heard that Levy would be willing to take a gamble on the Porto manager Villas Boas, he has some record at Porto, and is one of the youngest coaches around.
    He has perfect English as well so there shouldn't be any communication issues either which would be good I'd love to see someone young come in and be in the job for 20 years and build a dynasty.

Advertisement