Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spray furs and bires

Options
  • 06-04-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

what kills the aabove and some rushes,cleaning land.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I used brushwood killer on creeping furze (the low ones). It gave a good kill, but you need to spray all the plant as missed bits will keep growing. Tall furze I'd cut at the appropriate time of year with regard to the nesting season, then spray any regrowth on the stump, or drill a hole in the stump and pour in glycophosate (spelling)

Mortone gave me a very good kill on rushes last year, I'd say well above 95%. Mix at the advised rate and spray until the spray is running off the rush. I didn't cut before spraying as I only have a strimmer, if you have access to machinery, or don't mind the work, then cut first then spray the regrowth after two months or so. If it's wet land, drain it, or you're only chasing your tail.

Not 100% on briars, brushwood killer would likely do that job as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

grazon 90 is good for briars and reasonable on furze

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭raher1

where can i buy grazon 90 and how long did it last for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭memorystick

Sorry for resurrecting old thread. Should I mow furze and let them come back then spray or spray them now. Some are 6 foot tall. Thinking of me chest. Thanks

Some are 6 foot tall. Thinking of me chest. Thanks

That height, if they were mine, this time of year I wouldn't touch them. Wait until September and the end of the nesting season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement