Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TG4 Sound drops and 3/3e Vertical sync problems

• 06-04-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭

Has anyone else noticed the persistant sound dropouts on TG4 or the vertical sync problems on TV3 lately?

I'm using a Thomson hd box, all other channels are working perfectly.

Dish is a 1m channel master dish with invacom quad lnb with c120 feed horn (signal strength and quality shows 90% / 88% on both horizontal and vertical frequencies).

Signal meter on box also shows full signal when viewing tg4 and tv3/3e.

I have replaced all caps in box psu with matching panasonic caps - everything seems to be functioning normally.

Is anyone else having these issues?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Andy454

familyguy.jpg

It happened multiple times last night too and this time it happened on a different box so its not my equipment thats at fault.

Could it be a watermark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭Beamobhoy

been having sound drops on tg4 for months - got things recorded on the hard drive from christmas that have these sound drops. Thought it was my set up - maybe not now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

I have noticed a couple of sound drops on tg4. Don't watch it much but have recorded the series Muintir na Mara,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

3e has had that vertical sync glitch for months now.
    Doesn't really surprise me, that channel is the pits of technical quality.
    Poor audio quality, poor picture quality, no widescreen signalling so you end up with a distorted image. Very poor.

Haven't noticed any problems with TG4 though.

Advertisement