Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox FTP help: noob question

• 06-04-2011 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hey, just tried to connect my laptop to my modded original xbox, both by wireless and crossover cable but I can't seem to be able to connect.

With wireless I tried to connect using the ip address of the xbox, but no joy, so I went then with the crossover, but still no joy. :(

Should it just appear on my network automatically once I use the cable? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hygro wrote: »
    Hey, just tried to connect my laptop to my modded original xbox, both by wireless and crossover cable but I can't seem to be able to connect.

With wireless I tried to connect using the ip address of the xbox, but no joy, so I went then with the crossover, but still no joy. :(

Should it just appear on my network automatically once I use the cable? :confused:

Depends on the ip address setup of the xbox, & your home lan config. What ip address has your pc got (lan side) & what ip address has your xbox got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

What you should try is connect your xbox up to your router and use the ip address the xbox gets then to ftp the files over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

EnterNow wrote: »
    Depends on the ip address setup of the xbox, & your home lan config. What ip address has your pc got (lan side) & what ip address has your xbox got?

xbox ip = 192.168.1.2, laptop ip = 192.168.1.3.

I'm actually losing patience with this whole xbox thing already, I thought it'd be simple plug n play once it was modded.

What you should try is connect your xbox up to your router and use the ip address the xbox gets then to ftp the files over.

I did that, bit when it's connected to my router how do I acess it wirelessly, do I just type it into the address bar like I would when I try to access my router? cos when I tried to do that it didn't work. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Download this http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

Install it
    When its open go to file then site manager put in the xbox ip address just put in user name password and account as xbox and the log in type as account

Then click connect make sure your xbox is on before you start any of it and you should be able to ftp then

Im going to give it a try my self now as ive never done it ill report back but that is the way it should work thats how i do it with my 360

• Advertisement

thanks i'll try that. if i got a usb to xbox cable could i use that to transfer files?

cheers, filezilla works, just not for large files ... keeps timing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Advertisement