Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Save Our Season!

Options
  • 06-04-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Does any body know the state of Tom Huddlestone's fitness?
    God, we need him back.
    Is it only me or do you think Jenas is a turkey!
    He wouldn't lace Tom, Modric or Sandro's boots.
    I'd like to see Tom back and drop Modric for a game.
    I thought he looked tired against Real and gave the ball away a lot.
    I'm getting worried about the run in.
    Where will the goals come from?
    VDV off the boil and Defoe can't get started!
    Maybe Super Pav and Krancjar should be given a fair crack of the whip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

usually wouldn't let Pav(erage):D into the ground not to mind the team but desperate measures etc. Next week against madrid I'd start him up top in a 4411 with VDV in the hole. Pointless playing him unless he's up top so that rules out him and defoe starting together.

As for Tom I think he's gonna be a bit part player from now on. Modric was very poor last night but it has to be has and Sandro in the middle for the forseeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

modric was poor cos he just couldnt get the ball, like every other spurs player. maybe modric back out to wing and sandro and tom in centre, put bale back at left back ?

for madrid next week id go 4-3-3

lennon ---modric ----bale

defoe---crouch----pav

drop vdv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

mickman wrote: »
    modric was poor cos he just couldnt get the ball, like every other spurs player. maybe modric back out to wing and sandro and tom in centre, put bale back at left back ?

defoe---crouch----pav

drop vdv

crouch suspended for madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    As for Tom I think he's gonna be a bit part player from now on. Modric was very poor last night but it has to be has and Sandro in the middle for the forseeable.

Tom, bit part, I disagree. He had been a massive player for us up until the injury. Id start him on Saturday and again against Madrid in the middle with Luka. Sandro has massive potential so he has plenty of time. Against Madrid we will need to open them up early, which is something Tom can do better than Sandro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

defoe---crouch----pav

drop vdv

Crazy formation. Play like that and expect the same result again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

I agree with you Hatch.
    As much as I like Sandro, he won't drive us forward like Tom can.
    Maybe with Tom back VDV will find form again by playing up beside Crouch instead of coming to half way to get the bal, as Tom will feed them with better ball.
    I read after on the Spurs site that he played well against Barnet! and had a few long rangers. They saved our bacon a couple of times last season.
    Stoke game will define the latter end of this season.
    COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

defoe---crouch----pav

drop vdv

Too much Fifa!

Lennon will be back so that means Jenas will be back to the bench, as for the striker, I'd give Pav a run, he's complaining about not getting in the team so let him start against Madrid and see what he can do.

Advertisement