Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband provider?

• 06-04-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Ok,if this doesnt deserve its own thread then move to where it should be and my appologies.
    I need a straight answer as reguards whcih company is the best value for money,customer friendly etc Broadband provider?Im with UPC but want to get cheaper then 40euro per month 20MB?I know Eircom are cheaper but i keep hearing bad things about their customer service Dept.So i guess what im asking is how much do you pay,with who and have you had any problems with them??
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ostrich

Upc is the best. Promise you 20MB and they would at least give you 17-18 uninterrupted broadband. Eircom dont even come close,if eircom promise 10mb you wil be lucky to get 4 and the same goes for the likes of magnet, clearwire and the rest. Dont even go near the dongles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

If you can get/have UPC stick with it, easily the best you can get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Aiel wrote: »
    I know Eircom are cheaper

Eh, no they're not. You're with the cheapest/fastest provider in the country, so you're not going to do better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

can one get upc out in the sticks

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

20 meg with upc is 34.99 I hear. Thinkin of gettin it.

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

neiphin wrote: »
    can one get upc out in the sticks

Unlikely.

Yeah very unlikely, unless your in some sort of town or built up area or housing estate, it's rather tricky to get. I'm in between 2 big towns in Dublin and can't even get it. 5 minutes each way from my location is 20Mb UPC yet all I can get in terms of a fixed service is an up to 1Mb eircom connection

UPC 20Mb for 35 is probably one of the most reasonable and best services you can get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

-=al=- wrote: »
    Yeah very unlikely, unless your in some sort of town or built up area or housing estate, it's rather tricky to get. I'm in between 2 big towns in Dublin and can't even get it. 5 minutes each way from my location is 20Mb UPC yet all I can get in terms of a fixed service is an up to 1Mb eircom connection

UPC 20Mb for 35 is probably one of the most reasonable and best services you can get

How do you know - if you don't have it ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

20 meg with upc is 34.99 I hear. Thinkin of gettin it.

€34.99 if you have tv with them as well, theres a €7 broadband standalone charge on top if you don't opt for tv..

Ogham wrote: »
    How do you know - if you don't have it ??

ive used it a few times in friends houses and fantastic, id be all over it if it was available where I live now :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement