Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seiko

• 06-04-2011 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking at getting a Seiko SNZG15K1 or similar and I've just got a few questions. I've found one on Pixmania for €115 http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/7193888/art/seiko/snzg15k1.html

Is this a good price? I know eBay/amazon would be cheaper but I've only got a Laser card)

Should I be trying to find the JDM version or is there much difference?

If you look at the picture of this one it doesn't say "Made In Japan", it's hardly a fake?

Is it a good watch (i have read online reviews, just looking for any bad points) and can you recommend a good similar watch for near that price.

Thanks for any help!
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

It's a nice watch, I've bought 2 for my wife last year for 60 euro each, but i'm afraid that website does not accept laser cards.
    I don't think it's a fake and it doesn't say "made in Japan" because this one is made in Korea by looking at the latest letter of the reference number (K for Korea, J for Japan). I'd say go for it but maange to find someone with a credit card willing to help you with the purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Blackpitts wrote: »
    It's a nice watch, I've bought 2 for my wife last year for 60 euro each, but i'm afraid that website does not accept laser cards.
    I don't think it's a fake and it doesn't say "made in Japan" because this one is made in Korea by looking at the latest letter of the reference number (K for Korea, J for Japan). I'd say go for it but maange to find someone with a credit card willing to help you with the purchase.

I don't think you bought that watch for €60 I think you are confusing it with a regular Seiko 5 military. This is a Seiko 5 sports military, a bigger case I think its actually 41mm not the 42 pixmania have it listed as. It also features a more substantial crown and wider lugs. It's nota big deal whether its made in Japan or Korea, most collectors prefer Japan but it doesn't really matter. The above price is fair, when you add shipping you are paying slightly over the odds but not much. If you look around online you may find it for about £90 with free shipping. Can you not use lazer with papal? I bought one of these in January you won't be disappointed, great watch fantastic lume and a quality comfortable strap, in fact sometimes you may forget your wearing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Did you order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Yeah, I bought it from Pixmania on Saturday and it was shipped yesterday.

I'm probably gonna change the strap to a Maratac Zulu or a NATO, does anybody know if the thicker Zulu will fit this watch well or will the NATO fit better?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Micro, if you know of somewhere that accepts Laser I'd still be interested to know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    Yeah, I bought it from Pixmania on Saturday and it was shipped yesterday.

I'm probably gonna change the strap to a Maratac Zulu or a NATO, does anybody know if the thicker Zulu will fit this watch well or will the NATO fit better?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Micro, if you know of somewhere that accepts Laser I'd still be interested to know!

I know you may decide to change it anyway, but I really think you'll be happy with the canvas strap it comes on, as I said it's very comfortable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement