Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mobile damaged

Options
  • 06-04-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a 12 month contract with 3 and damaged my phone recently. It's not insured and 3 want €135 to replace it! They offered an unlock code for an old nokia phone i have but said they would charge me monthly line rental! Is it possible to get hold of a secondhand phone that is locked to 3 and use it with my sim or simply buy a pay as you go phone from 3 and put my sim into that without needing any more unlocking? I find the 3 phone support to be very un-helpful

Any help would be appriciated!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Fonemenders repair 3's phone's unless it's a complete write off they'll repair it for 50. That's the way it used to be anyway. Drop it into fonemender or a 3 store.

You sim will go into any 3 phone or unlocked 3G phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭shamsteak

Ok Thanks for that drunkmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

any 3 phone will work with your 3 sim card. Provided the phone isn't broken anyway!

So either use an old second hand 3 phone, or buy one on prepay and pop ur sim in!

Advertisement