Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thomand vs cappa

Options
  • 06-04-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

everyone seems to be asking plassey vs kilmurry but having decided to live on campus for 1st year i think i'd prefer an apartment. dromroe apparently booked out already so if it came down to it thomand vs cappa what would you choose??..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

everyone seems to be asking plassey vs kilmurry but having decided to live on campus for 1st year i think i'd prefer an apartment. dromroe apparently booked out already so if it came down to it thomand vs cappa what would you choose??..

Hi OP,

They all have the same layout, i.e. they're all apartment style; only difference being that Dromroe, Cappavilla and Thomond are high-rise (and newer).

I've not lived on campus anywhere myself, but I've been to all the villages plenty of times! I'd prefer Cappa to Thomond if I were in your shoes, as it's right by plenty of new College buildings. There's a shop up there too. Thomond for me is just too cut off from the rest of campus, it's on its own on the other side of the bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

younger students should stay in thomond

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

There is loads of info on both villages in the accommodation sticky above

i would go for cappa though because security there aren’t as bad as in thomand

• Registered Users Posts: 48 workingstudent

I plan to book accomodation by tomoro nd still not sure..i know a few in thomand they wer sayin dey find it a bit far away from campus but know noone from cappa...is it mainly health science people in cappa?..and would there be many first years there?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

is it mainly health science people in cappa?..and would there be many first years there?

Most of my friends don't do health sciences and I live in Cappa.

In regards to first years, mainly everyone in the ground floor of each block is a first year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

Cappavilla, without a doubt.

Thomond does not have a shop, it is *the most remote village* and the apartments in Cappa are nicer in my opinion simply because they are new. (I've lived in both).

Honestly the fact that the two cost the same to live in is the stupidest I've seen.

I was in the same situation as you (granted in 4th year this year), Dromroe was booked out, and so I was trying to decide between Thomond and Cappa. I had settled on Thomond because my parents were paying and I assuming it was cheaper, but in fact it costs the same.

Cappavilla has better parking, better apartments, and you get to walk across the living bridge each day.

Just go to Cappa haha

• Registered Users Posts: 48 workingstudent

cappa seems to be getting better reviews alright!..will put down dromroe 1st and cappa second i'd say..must just finish the online booking now!:)

Advertisement