Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Vip Code

Options
  • 06-04-2011 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I just bought this game today but could only get it second hand. It came with a vip code but when I put it in it says......I'm either imputing it wrong or it's been used before. As it's 2nd hand I'm thinking it's been used before. So I tried to go into a multiplayer map and it let me play no problem :confused:

What exactly does the code do? and do I need to purchase one in the shop (in game)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hello all,

I just bought this game today but could only get it second hand. It came with a vip code but when I put it in it says......I'm either imputing it wrong or it's been used before. As it's 2nd hand I'm thinking it's been used before. So I tried to go into a multiplayer map and it let me play no problem :confused:

What exactly does the code do? and do I need to purchase one in the shop (in game)

The VIP code gets you the extra map packs. You can buy one using your appropriate store/market from the in-game menu. No idea what they charge these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Hello all,

The Vip code lets you download the extra map pack for free.
    Dammit too slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

when you say extra map pack do you mean the vietnam thingy?

or would I be better off paying for that instead?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

when you say extra map pack do you mean the vietnam thingy?

or would I be better off paying for that instead?

No, Vietnam is a separate piece of DLC. The 7 map packs were mostly pre-existing maps with new modes applied. The seventh had two maps from BC1 and two maps from SP converted for MP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

See, told you you'd get more help here :P

• Advertisement

I noticed on the back of the box recently it says something along the lines of ''Code valid until April 2011'' so even an unused code might be worthless as of now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 klorin

Bought this last week and applied on Friday 1st April for Xbox

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Bad-Company-2-VIP/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-0001454108a8

Worked a treat.. just a little other there is also half price on most of the DLC stuff for BC2 on Xbox. Vietnam 600 points..

Just another quick question. Is there anyway to find out what kinda connection you're running on in game? Like the bar system in cod :confused:

Just another quick question. Is there anyway to find out what kinda connection you're running on in game? Like the bar system in cod :confused:

Apparently not, I can't seem to find one.

Another newbie question....

you know when you spot people, the little thing goes above they're heads for your teammates.

When you get spotted yourself.......is there anything that lets you know you've actually been spotted?

• Advertisement

Another newbie question....

you know when you spot people, the little thing goes above they're heads for your teammates.

When you get spotted yourself.......is there anything that lets you know you've actually been spotted?

No, other than the incoming fire. Motion sensors will give off an audible sound if you're disturbing one though.

Spear wrote: »
    No, other than the incoming fire. Motion sensors will give off an audible sound if you're disturbing one though.

is there any site for tips and stuff? where thing are explained :confused:

I played for about 2 hours lastnight (vietnam). Played that squad deathmatch.....theres no one in the game at all. Like 2 vs 4 vs 1 vs 0. Also putting me into games with no one at all in the map wtf??

I think I'll try the normal one tonight

is there any site for tips and stuff? where thing are explained :confused:

I played for about 2 hours lastnight (vietnam). Played that squad deathmatch.....theres no one in the game at all. Like 2 vs 4 vs 1 vs 0. Also putting me into games with no one at all in the map wtf??

I think I'll try the normal one tonight

Vietnam is DLC so the player count is lower, and squad deathmatch was never a popular mode, stick to rush or conquest mode.

For hints and tips we have this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056130197

• Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sorry for jacking this thread but I have 2 quick questions.

I stupidly traded this months back but mad to play it again. Would I already have the VIP code installed on my system since I bought it new 1st time and I want to buy it 2nd hand now?

Also, I traded it before Vietnam pack was released. Since PSN is down at the mo, I can't check the prcie. Does anyone know how much it is and if its worth it?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sorry for jacking this thread but I have 2 quick questions.

I stupidly traded this months back but mad to play it again. Would I already have the VIP code installed on my system since I bought it new 1st time and I want to buy it 2nd hand now?

Also, I traded it before Vietnam pack was released. Since PSN is down at the mo, I can't check the prcie. Does anyone know how much it is and if its worth it?

Thanks!

if your using the same account the vip codes will work and if it asks for them they will be already paid for in the market place where you can download them again for free.

i dont play vietnam much myself but its an ok change. theres only 4/5 maps which get very repetitive. i think its still 1200ms points so what ever that is in euro.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Heys guys,just got BC2 a few days ago there.Entered in my vip code to download the other maps.Now it says I already have map pack 1,2 and 3 so when I go to download the rest of them it prompts me to update the game when then brings me to the download the vietnam dlc.
    So I guess my question is do I have to download the vietnam dlc before I get the maps?
    (xbox by the way)

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Heys guys,just got BC2 a few days ago there.Entered in my vip code to download the other maps.Now it says I already have map pack 1,2 and 3 so when I go to download the rest of them it prompts me to update the game when then brings me to the download the vietnam dlc.
    So I guess my question is do I have to download the vietnam dlc before I get the maps?
    (xbox by the way)

nope them maps came out before vietnam. check on your map selection to see if you have oasis and harvest day. if you have them you have all the maps

garv123 wrote: »
    nope them maps came out before vietnam. check on your map selection to see if you have oasis and harvest day. if you have them you have all the maps

No I don't have them,there listed under map pack 7 in the store and when I go to download it directs me to the BFBC2 Vietnam Multiplayer update

No I don't have them,there listed under map pack 7 in the store and when I go to download it directs me to the BFBC2 Vietnam Multiplayer update

i think you must download the update for vietnam for it actually but you dont have nam unlocked until its paid for. does it ask for ms points when it directs you to the update?

garv123 wrote: »
    i think you must download the update for vietnam for it actually but you dont have nam unlocked until its paid for. does it ask for ms points when it directs you to the update?

No it doesn't look for points,I didn't download cause it was 1.7GB in size and I didn't really want it but it looks I may have to now

• Advertisement

No it doesn't look for points,I didn't download cause it was 1.7GB in size and I didn't really want it but it looks I may have to now

yeah you will have to download that. all the other map packs were already on the disc just unlocked at different stages but this one wasn't.
    nam isnt a bad game mode either to pay for. its abit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Anyone know how much the code is?

I have it already but a mate is interested (PS3)

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

afaik its 9.99 for the vip code

Advertisement