Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking Deposit

Options
  • 06-04-2011 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all,

Just a quick query on a house purchase process. I am in the middle of buying a house. I have paid the estate agent a booking deposit of 5k. The deposit for the property totals 14k.

My query is as follows: when it becomes time to draw down the mortgage and the 14k deposit needs to be paid, does the 5k I have already given the estate agent go towards the 14k?

Many Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭djmcr

Whest wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just a quick query on a house purchase process. I am in the middle of buying a house. I have paid the estate agent a booking deposit of 5k. The deposit for the property totals 14k.

My query is as follows: when it becomes time to draw down the mortgage and the 14k deposit needs to be paid, does the 5k I have already given the estate agent go towards the 14k?

Many Thanks in advance

The balance of the deposit is to be paid to your solicitor on signing of contracts

Advertisement