Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband

• 06-04-2011 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I just want to order a broadband from eircom, I have no active landline but cables and sockets around in house, what I have found need for me a bit of explanation coz

Next Generation Broadband Bundles with off-peak calls
    Up to 8mb Unlimited
    €61.73 include landline

and

Next Generation Broadband
    Up to 8mb Unlimited
    €39.82 + landline €25.36 = €65.18

so I have question where is the deal ?
    I don't need a telephone at all, but to get a eircom broadband in my area I need a landline

is there any other way to have good speed, unlimited and reliable broadband in Tralee area

I have ****max form ****magine but this is just joke and I want to cancel my contract fast as possible but need to find something normal

magnet and digiweb are excluded because I have no landline and only eircom can give me one but then hold me for 6 months contract on it.

thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 donegalnordie

UTV internet will connect the line for you @ a one off connection charge of €49.99. They're cheapest NGB bundle is 38.99 per month which includes off peak calls, line rental & VAT.

I know this because i have it at home and it was great because I didn't have to go near EIRCOM to get the line connected.

As far as i know they are the only other company that will connect the line for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Obecny

UTV internet will connect the line for you @ a one off connection charge of €49.99. They're cheapest NGB bundle is 38.99 per month which includes off peak calls, line rental & VAT.

I know this because i have it at home and it was great because I didn't have to go near EIRCOM to get the line connected.

As far as i know they are the only other company that will connect the line for you.

I have never heard about this UTV in here
    just trying to find any information about utv in my area
    and the second thing 38.99 sound great but there are some cap like 10GB or something ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I will be interested to hear if UTV actually could connect the line. I was in a similar position, needing a line for broadband after Imagine fecked up my breeze connection. I knew the house had previously had a line but that was 4 years ago with the previous owners and we'd never used it. I had a chat with some of the guys in Vodafone (just cause I used to work there and knew some of them) and they do connect some lines, but only in particular circumstances. Turned out mine couldn't be and only eircom can connect it. Once eircom connect a line you are tied into a 6 month contract with them. Once you get broadband on it you are tied into a 12 month contract with that, so I'm stuck with them for 12 months assuming I have broadband in that first 6 months...
    You'd think Eircom would be longing for new customers. I've got to the point where I'm happy to be a customer of theirs for 12 months of working broadband! But no, just getting the line installed is proving hard for them. A week after ordering the engineer called (a week early!) to do the install, which he did. But it doesn't work. I get a dial tone but cant make or receive calls so after calling them for an update most days and getting agreement they will have an engineer call back I am no closer to knowing what's going on or when they'll sort it.
    As for ordering broadband, it's cheaper to do it online but I cant do that without my customer number. Customer care wont tell me my number over the phone but have promised to post it to me which so far hasn't arrived.
    Turns out I'm connected to the Merrymeeting exchange, which if it is where I think it is is really close to the house so I hope the line is good, but I cant tell if it's ADSL2 or not. Is there any way of finding out exactly where the exchange is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 donegalnordie

Obecny wrote: »
    I have never heard about this UTV in here
    just trying to find any information about utv in my area
    and the second thing 38.99 sound great but there are some cap like 10GB or something ?

Thats the package I have but then again I'm not a big user. Their Unlimited package(75GB) is approx EUR53.00 per month, still cheaper than eircom!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SargentDuck

I just signed up to their €39.99 package and thats the total bundle price for the first 6 months, €45 there after....

True there is a 10 gig cap, however my brother is on the same deal and has gone well beyond the cap on a regular occasion and has yet to get charged, so could be worth taking the risk.

the most annoying thing about eircom is we only wanted broadband, no phone but that works out as €25 for BB and €25 line rental, €50 total, compared to €40 for the phone package.... I'm sure they will get people using the phone by mistake and running up a bill but I'm willing to take a chance!

• Advertisement
Advertisement