Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lawnmower engine's

Options
  • 06-04-2011 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

have been trawling here and elsewhere looking at lawnmower reviews.
    have seen a lawn mower in lidl but there's something i cant figure out.
    the lidl lawnmower is 190cc engine and 3.6hp. my old lawnmower had a 5hp engine but cant figure what hp it was. what i cant understand is i hav seen other lawnmower engines with 190cc engines but hey are 6hp!! are they the same thing? which is more important cc or hp?the lidl mower is 369eur. not sure if its good value or not. it's a briggs and stratton engine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

CC is engine size, i.e. the cubic capacity of the cylinder and HP is engine output. There is virtually no connection, an engine which is 190cc could easily be 4,5 or 6 hp depending on how it is engineered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 garcc

ok i understand, thanks. so the 3.6hp may be just as good as the 6hp depending on the setup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

If, for instance, you compared a 3.6hp Honda with a 6hp Honda then the 6hp would be a better machine because it is more powerful, always assuming that power is what you want.
    On the other hand a 6hp generic brand would not, IMO, be a better machine than a 3.6hp Honda for a host of reasons, including build quality, reliability and durability.
    The choice between different generic brands may not be so clear, a case of "you pays your money....."

Advertisement