Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Dundalk as a Student

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

paulc216 wrote: »
    I paid a deposit on a house in Rockfield manor, nice house but so far im the only 1 that has paid a deposit. Rent is only 55 a week so if any1 is interested ill be happy 2 share a house with yaz :)

Throw in a playstation, few dutch gold in the fridge, and any type of football to kick around the green at 3am on a thursday night and you will have no end of takers. Not that i would know personally...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulc216

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Throw in a playstation, few dutch gold in the fridge, and any type of football to kick around the green at 3am on a thursday night and you will have no end of takers. Not that i would know personally...:P

Hahahah yea ill stick with the xbox and the the bud bt the football i can do :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

paulc216 wrote: »
    Hahahah yea ill stick with the xbox and the the bud bt the football i can do :D:D

Hah I'd love to take it. But I live in Drogheda so I can't justify moving up... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hah I'd love to take it. But I live in Drogheda so I can't justify moving up... :(

I lived just outside Ardee and I still moved up to Dundalk when I was at college, best decision I ever made for both social and educational reasons!

You'll get a room for 50-60 quid a week easily right around the corner from the college, you'll spend nearly that on the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You'll get a room for 50-60 quid a week easily right around the corner from the college, you'll spend nearly that on the bus.

On top of that you get to stay in the college till 9 pm in a proper environment for studying and after that walk home and go get scuttered drunk! :)

Also while Drogheda is "only" half an hour away the bus timetable has to taken into account. When I was commuting to Dublin it was an hour and 10 minutes each way but I had to leave the house over 2 hours before class started and wouldn't be home til 2 hours after the end. Obviously won't be as bad Drogheda-Dundalk but it still has to be considered.

Buttonftw wrote: »
    Also while Drogheda is "only" half an hour away the bus timetable has to taken into account. When I was commuting to Dublin it was an hour and 10 minutes each way but I had to leave the house over 2 hours before class started and wouldn't be home til 2 hours after the end. Obviously won't be as bad Drogheda-Dundalk but it still has to be considered.

I drive so its 20 minutes door to door for me. Thought first order of business is to befriend people who live in Dundalk so ill always have a comfy couch to crash on :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

The life of a college student! Making me jealous lads!:D

The Guvnor wrote: »
    The life of a college student! Making me jealous lads!:D

Go back. This is my second time in college. :D:D:D

• Advertisement

LOL!

What course has 2-3 hours of lectures per week...:D

LOL!

Arts?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

LOL!

You could always try the part time courses*

*May involve the student to be expected to work full time! ;)

The temptation...

I think running a business with two newly launched brands is enough for this year... LoL

Maybe I'll have to make do with a few on campus parties...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

I would advise anyone remotely civilised to stay away from Rockfield Manor. I moved here to work and signed a 1 year lease... Huge mistake. Students act like yobs, coming back at all hours of the night and morning shouting and screaming, tearing around in cars and blasting their car stereo at high volumes. It's absolute hell for people here who have to go to work in the mornings and families with young kids. I wouldn't mind the odd party, but I just don't understand why people have to shout and scream at each other from across the estate at 2 or 3 am in the morning. And this is a very regular thing.

I guess if you're a young fella, a bit of a yob, and want to drink, be loud and thrash the place then you might enjoy it, but anyone else should stay clear. Anyone thinking of moving here, I would ask that you try to be considerate of non student residents, we put up with alot of crap, please try to be quieter after 1 am, stop thrashing the place and don't drive dangerously around the estate. People have pets here, it would be too easy for one to get run over the way the lads here are carrying on.

Advertisement