Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony AN-1

Options
  • 07-04-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Is this antenna up to much i know its desgined for broadcast station monitoring but im looking it more for kinloss rescue, marine and airband hf comms, i have a decent hf radio with a marconi style antenna but i recently got an 8500 receiver and feel the hf side is going to waste on it, in the specs it does say it covers .15-30mhz id mount it outside on small pole

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/2206.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Save your money and if you have space put up 30ft of light wire, put an earth rod down and run another light wire from it to the outer braid of coax cable and the long wire to the centre braid and connect it to your radio. It works brilliant Kinloss in here loud and clear as are all of Shanwick freqs. I bought an active antenna and it was ok but brought a lot of noise to the radio.

Advertisement