Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any oz paramedics out there???

Options
  • 07-04-2011 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi new to boards just woundering if there is any oz paramedics on here need info thinking of heading out there soon, any one out here has worked as a paramedic in oz i would like to hear from ye, thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Might have better luck getting an answer here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1121#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 iwantout

thanks cm il check it out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 aussieparamedic

hey mate, wat exactly do you want to know? If you plan on coming over here and working as a para it depends on exactly what sort of job you would like. Over here the mining industry is booming, we have remote sites in oz and on oil rigs or you could work for an ambulance service. Let me know exactly what you are after and ill be glad to assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 iwantout

hi mate thanks for your reply, i would be looking to work for an ambulance service state or private is ther much work over there, i would work remote i dont care about bn in a city, i have almost 4 years working in the ambulance between ireland and england. worked as an emt in ireland when the times wer good and then moved to the uk doing frontline work with a private company, i have qualified as a paramedic overseas, course was 14 months, i am Als paramedic.I have reg with AREMT at paramedic level ant sure if this will make a diff over in oz?? i would like info on the mining side of things as well mate, like what the work is like and is it easy pick up?? my plan is to get to intensive care paramedic with a state ambo and do a few years over. so may be the private/mining work to start with and then apply to state ambos when i am over their. do u work for an ambo service mate?? so as much info as you can give me mate would be great lookn at moving in oct. thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 aussieparamedic

hi mate, If you are looking for emergency work as in 000 (999 over there i think) then a state ambulance service is the go. We have a state ambulance service for every state 8 in total. all depends on where u want to live and the quals you have under your belt. A degree would allow you to work in any one, but you may need to do gap training depending on state. In oz, we have 8 diffent states all running there own paramedic courses and protocols. all depends ont he courses you do before hand.
    Private mabos do event medical stuff as well as patient transport. Probably the same as over there.
    There is much work in mine sites and they are on big bucks. oil rigs too. Most of those require a great dela of experience as well as quals in rescue and occupational health and saftey.
    Intensive care is a great idea most want to do the programs, but once again all depends on which service you can join. Im in WA and we only have critical care/intensive care paras on the choppers. so there is not many there at all. hope this helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement