Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The REAL WWE Champion

• 07-04-2011 1:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭

So perhaps this question has been asked before but.... if the WWE was run legit, who would be the champion?

Obviously a hypothetical question, but for the craic what do ye think?

Hard to look beyond Show or Khali i guess.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Either Del Rio or Swagger. I'd say Del Rio since he's already proven he can fight in MMA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

cena he is a beast or viscera i mean what could u do to viscera unless you like used a knife or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

D.H. Smith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was flicking through the telly the other day and seen the Cena special. The amount of weights that man can lift is ridiculous. Don't know if he would be a ''legit'' champion but he must be strong as fúck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

This a Hard Question to answer. Most fights in the back have had suprising results.Do you pick guys with a Amateur Wrestling backround,strong guys,tough guys or guys with MMA Backrounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

J. Marston wrote: »
    Was flicking through the telly the other day and seen the Cena special. The amount of weights that man can lift is ridiculous. Don't know if he would be a ''legit'' champion but he must be strong as fúck.
    Ask anybody ever, lifting heavy weights means **** all in a fight. Look at what happened when Marius Pudniowski met an out of shape and declining tim sylvia

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

Kurt Angle! Who else has a gold medal!

Eve Torres apparently choked out Matt Hardy.If its True(which I so want to believe)its very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Either Del Rio or Swagger. I'd say Del Rio since he's already proven he can fight in MMA

Jolt's on the money. Angle's not in the WWE so I can't add him. We're looking for someone young-ish but with an MMA background or serious amateur wrestling credentials. So Del Rio or Swagger.

Older bad-asses like Taker or JBL wouldn't stand a chance against these younger guys nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

agree with del rio or swagger as ''real'' champions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Anyone from Del Rio, Swagger, Ziggler and Taker (id say he is a real life tough guy)

Guys not in the 'E aymore; Angle, Lesnar, Pope (Brilliant amature boxer apparently) and JBL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Jack Swagger. Big, athletic, great amateur wrestling credentials. Del Rio was ok in MMA, but nothing special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Santino.
    Or Vladimir Kozlov.

(yes im being serious!)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭osullic

Lesnar obviously.
    Swagger probably the best in wwe at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

If Shelton was part of the company he wouldn't be someone to **** with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Mark Henry would possibly be champ if it was real. Or else, Lesnar, Angel, Swagger or Big Show!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I'd say Show would take a beating from somebody like Angle and Lesnar.

Also, the big, juiced up muscle men tend to lose real fights. Like when Booker T pounded Scott Steiner in a fight backstage in the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I'd say Show would take a beating from somebody like Angle and Lesnar.

Also, the big, juiced up muscle men tend to lose real fights. Like when Booker T pounded Scott Steiner in a fight backstage in the WWE.

Was it not Batista that Booker beat up? Never heard of anyone getting the better of Steiner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Was it not Batista that Booker beat up? Never heard of anyone getting the better of Steiner.

yeah as far as i remember steiner is a serious motherfu<ker and not to be fu<ked with.

from any story i've read about him online apparently haku/meng was just the hardest ba5tard ever.

from the current roster i'd say khali - isn't he a black belt in something or other.

plus he's one big hombre - not many could take him down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Santino Marella, he's meant to be a double hard bastard in real life depsite the comedy character persona

• Advertisement

I am amazed how overlooked DH Smith is here.

Yeah sorry that was a brain fart, I did actually mean Batista. When I went to confirm whether I was right, I searched for "Booker T Batista real fight". Blame posting on boards and watching TV at the same time for that mistake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

drayme wrote: »
    I am amazed how overlooked DH Smith is here.

How come?

I seen him mentioned in other posts, is he known as a shooter or a tough guy irl?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

Isn't wade Barrett the bare knuckle champion of Europe? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

depends on the rules, if mma rules then koslov or santino, del rio would do ok then too

if collegiate wrestling rules then swagger

if brawl for all rules who knows, nobody expected bart gunn to beat jbl and former college wrestler steve williams in that

if no rules (ie street fight/bar fight) then probably big show

TheBantam wrote: »
    Isn't wade Barrett the bare knuckle champion of Europe? :p

I think thats made up. Not saying barrett isn't tough but I read that before he joined WWE he was just wrestling in UK & Ireland.I read that in this months Power Slam.I reckon they caught on to his Surname being linked to Bare Knuckle fighting.

Dancor wrote: »
    How come?

I seen him mentioned in other posts, is he known as a shooter or a tough guy irl?

DH Smith is a prized student of Billy Robinson if you dont know Billy then you probably shouldnt be commenting who would win in a shoot :P

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/3/6/2033328/cageside-exclusive-dh-smith-becomes-latest-assistant-catch-wrestling

He is a god in Japan and a foundation stone in the history of MMA:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Robinson

Was Bob/Hardcore Holly tough or was he just a total wanker.

GTR63 wrote: »
    I think thats made up. Not saying barrett isn't tough but I read that before he joined WWE he was just wrestling in UK & Ireland.I read that in this months Power Slam.I reckon they caught on to his Surname being linked to Bare Knuckle fighting.

picture.php?albumid=4134&pictureid=46849

:P

sorry - couldn't resist.

• Advertisement

little from column a - little from column b.

apparently his chop would leave you in bits for days.

Yep, bit of both. He was a bitter assh0le that took out his personal and professional failings out on younger more talented kids. He was notorious for being really rough with new wrestlers and would delight in inflicting punishment. Hmm, much like Benoit. When he left WWE he pretty much fell of the face of the earth, and good riddence.

Check out Royal Rumble 2005 and Daniel Puder's 5 minutes of fame for a look at what gets Buttplug Holly up in the morning.

Bob Holly did get his comeuppance when he crossed Brock Lesnar though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Is Lesnar coming back? All you guys can talk about is Lesnar :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Joey Styles

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Is Lesnar coming back? All you guys can talk about is Lesnar :P

There's a chance he will at least do WrestleMania when his UFC contract is up. He still has the ultimate fighter and 3 fights to get through. I'm sure he'd love a 1-2 million for a few dates' work. Although the disappointing TUF TV ratings, he might have to lower that asking price, lol

If you weren't around for 2002-2004, it's hard to describe the awesomeness of Brock Lesnar. Fastest rookie to main eventer ever. An absolute beast and also a great mat wrestler. RAW sucked the bad one but SmackDown under Heyman, with Lesnar, Angle, Benoit, Guerrero, Edge and Mysterio was an absolute joy.

I don't know if we'll ever get a confluence of talent like this again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Nobodies mention Chris Jericho. I don't think he'd be one to be f'ed about with. Didn't he get in a legit backstage fight with Bill Goldberg and choke him out?

Nobodies mention Chris Jericho. I don't think he'd be one to be f'ed about with. Didn't he get in a legit backstage fight with Bill Goldberg and choke him out?

He got Bill in a front face lock and took him to the ground. He admitted himself he got the upper hand because he suprised Bill with it more than anything else......and from then the legend grew of the "cruiserweight" that took down Goldberg :p He's a tough guy but I imagine there's far tougher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

in a no rules street fight then anyone with martial art skills has a major advantage but all these guys are big strong athletes!

one punch from any wwe superstar has the potential to knock out the other to be fair!

lenar and all mma/wrestling guys would have upperhand but if big show hits lesnar on that chin lesnar or any man they aint gonna like it;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Hornswoggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Probably Smith but I'm happy with some of the past winners like CM Punk and Jericho, I don't think the title changes hands too many times but I do think the wrong people hold onto it for too long and the right people hold it for no time at all

• Advertisement
Advertisement