Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Re-instailing Windows new machine best options

• 07-04-2011 2:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

What's the best way to do this? Is there a way to deactivate before the new install?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,315 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

dont need to deactivate the license. The license afaik simply phones in to Microsoft when you get your system updates. When multiple PCs start phoning in with the same license thats when Microsoft may flag the license. So far I have never had any problems directly restoring factory settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Verres

+1. You should be fine if you're reinstalling the same OS on the same box. I've done it multiple times without an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Verres wrote: »
    +1. You should be fine if you're reinstalling the same OS on the same box. I've done it multiple times without an issue.

Thanks for the replies. It'll be an all new machine, so the worst that will happen is I'll have to ring them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

grizzly wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. It'll be an all new machine, so the worst that will happen is I'll have to ring them?

Yes, usually you can ring the MS Robot (freephone on landline) and she'll quote you digits to enter to activate, or let it connect to 'tinternet and it should activate itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Verres

If it's a new box it might say that this licence is registered as already installed on another PC. If so, just ring MS and explain that you decommissioned your old box so you only have it installed once. They should be grand with that and they'll either give you a new licence or reset the old one: i.e. delete the entry on their DB against it so it can be used again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement