Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videos on youtube regarding Gardai behaviour!

Options
  • 07-04-2011 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

This is really beginning to annoy me! You can say what you like about the Shell to Sea video BUT why had these people recorded their experience with the Gardai in the first place???

The clip of the girl being arrested was only posted on youtube yesterday or today and already 2 "friends" on facebook have posted them to their profiles and commented on how bad and excessive the Guards were! I got in a little debate with them asking them did they realise that maybe she did something wrong!??! They replied... maybe so but the guards didn't need to be so harsh... Eh... HELLO, from the outset, she was resisting arrest! But I gave up arguing with her! What's the point?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

The worst of 'em all ...

"What's .. hap .. pen .. ing??"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

there must be some quota on garda threads :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ok that's lovely. And the point of this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

video one: the stupid bint is resisting arrest.
    video two: Freeman is a load of bull****e, it plain doesnt exist.
    Video 3: lol, GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

The first video, the girl was resisting arrest as far as I could see. Perhaps I'm missing something here, but she wouldn't go with them as they requested, so how else should they have responded? "Oh, right. So you don't want to be arrested? Eh, we better just leave it so. You sure you won't come with us? Please? Ummm, ok, sorry for asking."

Video two, the guy is a complete asshole. He walks to the door with a camera, obviously expecting a confrontation, and then begins to give the gardai shit for knocking on his door! What a douche. EDIT: Jesus Christ, watching the video again, I'm amazed at the restraint of the gardai! What an idiot. A little knowledge can sometimes be a dangerous thing!

Third video, deplorable comments by those involved, and they should be censured. However, the reaction has been hysterical, and in some cases, shamefully opportunistic.

Incidentally, one could post a few videoa blagged from youtube showing disreputable behaviour from any sector of society. They wouldn't serve to indict all members of that sector, and neither do genuinely negative videos of individual gardai behaving inappropriately impugn the wider force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

seanybiker wrote: »
    Ok that's lovely. And the point of this thread?

Sorry... post the videos first then wrote what I had to!

Can a Mod put this in After hours or wherever! Nothing cool about this thread!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Video 2 yer man is a litter warden or council guy, there is a Garda on the left as a witness I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

@Video 1: They're using perfectly reasonable force. We don't know what crime she is alleged of, but she can't just be let run off if she needs arresting just because they might hurt her arm. If you want to see proper (legal) forceful restraint look at Night COps from the UK or Cops form the USA...AGS are kittens in comparison.

As for his comment about the handcuffs...if handcuffs are no longer the normal way of restraing someone then policing has returned to the 1700s without my knowledge. "He moans and moans that she's a child, you can't use handcuffs"...but she has a ffair foul mouth for her age.

And as for his ironic pompous quip about the "true guardians of the peace" - well, it's one less little scrote off the steets for a while because she came across like a troublemaking little cow.

The moral of EVERY ONE of the videos we've seen so far is fairly simple. If AGS decide they're going to arrest you they WILL NOT CHANGE THEIR MIND...DON'T resist, DON'T make a fuss, have the state get you a free solicitor or hire your own and fight it that way. Resisting only makes it look like you have something to hide and makes everythign so exponentially much more difficult for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

The first video, the Garda did use reasonable force, she was resisting arrest, those moves of grabbing a wrist and turning it to a locking position only hurt if YOU move, if you go with it then it doesn't hurt, and I'm speaking from experience, I've done a Garda Self defense class.

The second video, reminds me of another video on you tube with a cop over in the UK who stopped a cyclist and the cyclist was a solicitor and basically wanted to know word for word the law of why he is being stopped, the cop got flustered and obviously didnt know and thus got off, the cop knew the case would probabaly be thrown out in the courts anyway. I assume the second guy was hoping for this too.

The third video is a bit shocking alright, and the Garda involved are being investigated by the Garda Ombudsman. It was a stupid thing to do and a stupid comment to make and it was just lads being lads in private, I've joked about it with mates of mine Tommy Tiernan joked about it on stage and put it into a DVD, so I think they'll probably get a slap on the wrist, Garda are told whenever you deal with someone ALWAYS assume its being recorded!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

That first clip is a perfect example of brilliant resolve from the Gardai, arresting someone in a text book manner, not loosing the cool and following procedure perfectly.

Contrast that with this clip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

"Im a student of the law" You are in your hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Those bloody "freeman" bullsh*tters are really annoying. They seem to commit crime with the intention of challenging. The guy dumped rubbish with his name on it at a bottle bank and then challenges that names are fictional identities. What a dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭kirving

Sure what's he standing in the middle of the road for, causing a danger to himself and traffic, had to be removed immediately. :D Serioulsy though, most of those protestors are blow-ins, and have nothing better to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

In the first video the only mistake the guards made was being so soft they let it drag out into a big scene, in America she'd be maced and ****ed into the car quick rapid.

The second guy sounds like a litter bug and if he is **** him for throwing his shyte around this country it's a scumbag knacker thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

i think there is a youtube video of a female garda dancing in one the tents at Oxegen. Police detractors must surely be pissed to see a human side to the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Contrast that with this clip

The guy struggled with the garda forcing the garda to use more force which ended up with the guy falling off the road, I'm sure the gardai were not trying to push people into the ditch or the other protester who didn't resist as much would have been thrown in as well.
    Then the camera swings to a protester who is trying to assualt a garda, but who stops as soon as he realises he is being filmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Unpossible wrote: »
    The guy struggled with the garda forcing the garda to use more force which ended up with the guy falling off the road, I'm sure the gardai were not trying to push people into the ditch or the other protester who didn't resist as much would have been thrown in as well.
    Then the camera swings to a protester who is trying to assualt a garda, but who stops as soon as he realises he is being filmed.

Fucking funny though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Gardai in sunny Neilstown!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Rabble Rabble Rabble!!!.... we live in a police state!!!...Gardaí are assaulting, raping and arresting left right and centre.... rabble rabble...

Whats next.... censorship on boards.ie!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement