Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish goods in Vancouver

Options
  • 07-04-2011 4:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Does anyone know where I can get Haribo Starmix in Vancouver????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Im sorry I cant help you with that query but I like the thread, maybe we could discuss where we can get various products from home in Vancouver :) Like something that resembles irish bacon for example!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

haribo isnt irish :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pawpaw

There's a few places that sell food from home but i don't know if they stock Haribo. Try the Celtic Treasure Chest or The Gourmet Warehouse (google for map).

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LS92109

Im sorry I cant help you with that query but I like the thread, maybe we could discuss where we can get various products from home in Vancouver :) Like something that resembles irish bacon for example!

Thanks! I haven't tried any thing that resembles Irish bacon but I did see what looked like rashers in Pauls No Frills supermarket on 4th at Alma!! Let me know if you try them...

TechnoPool wrote: »
    haribo isnt irish :o

Lol my bad... you know what I mean!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

This is going to be very unhelpful but I definitely saw them somewhere them but can't for the life of me remember where....

But it might have been this place http://www.candyaisle.com/ There is one on Robson at Granville and another on 4th. Also a nice bet would be the sweet shop in Granville Market, they have loads of stuff.

Hmmmmm, now I need Starmix.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

You can get Haribo Tangfastics in Safeway, closest I saw to Starmix

T & T Supermarkets also stock Ribena and Lucozade :)

There's one right beside Chinatown Skytrain Stadium. Even if you aren't shopping, it's worth going in to look at the live (and massive!) King Crabs they've got

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

I got European bacon on Granville Island...its the same as Irish bacon. two slices cost me like $3 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Sausages too.

I used to work near a british store in Seattle and they had real Bacon so its certainly available in the pacific northwest...

I've got into the habit of a massive breakfast blowout in shannon airport (they do a great bfast) before i get on the plane and then being Mr.Healthy until i go home again.

I wonder what the import rules are? You can get kerrygold butter in regular delis down here in seattle. Expensive though.

http://www.thebritishpantryltd.com/our_store.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

LS92109 wrote: »
    Lol my bad... you know what I mean!!!

i know what ya mean :)!! your best bet is some of the british food shops! but they aint cheap

• Advertisement

I'll try a few of them places thanks people! Got a lovely package from home today with some nice goodies in it but no starmix

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

...but no starmix

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Got a lovely package from home today with some nice goodies in it but no starmix

Any chance there was a pack of Meanies? I'd pay top dollar?

London Drugs seem to have plenty of Haribo but could see no Starmix I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

There used to be a British butchers off Lonsdale and one down in the Capilano Mall. Also, if you want a proper bacon breakfast, go over to the Tomahawk restaurant on the North Shore. Their Yukon is superb. Proper back bacon and lots of it.

Bryan Adams used to bus tables in there.

http://tomahawkrestaurant.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fletchy

Does anyone know where I can get Haribo Starmix in Vancouver????
    There's an English/Irish supply store in Steveston Village. They sell proper 'rashers' , Irish batch bread and sweets. Maybe try there!

Real batch bread??? I might have to make a trip to Steveston! thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

The Celtic Treasure Chest ( www.celtictreasurechest.com ) isn't bad, they have lots of Irish/UK goodies but it is pricey. I always bought Monster Munch there. They have Barry's and Lyons tea, Irish/UK bacon, sausages, pudding etc...Imperial Lather shower gel if you miss it that much.

You can buy Ribena in No Frills too, I've bought it in the one on Broadway.

Advertisement