Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House hunting in perth

Options
  • 07-04-2011 5:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Ben here in perth two weeks now and crashing in a friends house til i get sorted but i dont want to be imposinging on them and im trying to find my own place,have checked out loads of ads on gumtree and west australian went to visit loads of houses,flats,units and filled out application form with no result?Is it a Irish thing or fact that im a lad im not sure,Was thinking if i cant find anything soon that id just go do my 3 months rural work and see how i get on when i come back.Any ideas?????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Missy86

You're not the only one...it is impossible to get a place here if you're fresh off the plane. It took us nearly three weeks and in the end we got a place by pure luck. The agencies don't seem to want to go near you if you've never rented before in australia...even if you have references from back home. I live with my o/h and our friend and my o/h was the only 1 working and they wanted bank statements off me and my friend showing we had money to pay the rent..including bank statements from accounts back home and we still didnt get the place. We ended up going private..while there is a much higher risk involved by doing this..we found it was our only option. Get up early on Saturday and get the Western Australian they have a property thing on saturday and just ring them all & set up viewings...

Best of luck though cause I nearly pulled my hair out in the process!!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

Agree with everything Missy86 said. Check out the local free papers too, they often have private rentals listed there.

Advertisement