Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bord Gais Electricity Level Pay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrshappy

Just got a phone call about this - did you go with it in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

An initial tolerance (typically 20%) is added for variations in your usage

Nice one Bord Gais; adding on a 20% premium and you have to pay by Direct Debit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭ANSI

They called me today. No mention of
    adding on a 20% premium and you have to pay by Direct Debit

What do people think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

ANSI wrote: »
    They called me today. No mention of

What do people think?

Ring them and ask them, it's up to you to read the fine print.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

TheZohan wrote: »
    Nice one Bord Gais; adding on a 20% premium and you have to pay by Direct Debit.

I just had an amusing conversation with a Bord Gais caller trying to sell me this.

I was about to sign up, he said I'll just read the fine print and mentioned the 20% overpayment for the first time - so I stopped him and said not interested. He couldn't (or pretended he couldn't) understand what the problem was. He said if you overpay, which clearly you would with this system, you get the money back.

I asked him if he would lend me money for a year interest free because that was what BG are asking their customers to do with this scheme. He said 20% wasn't added on it's built in and kept repeating this - eventually he hung up

This will be a nice earner for them if people sign up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

I just got a call about this. I was told I was selected as a "valued loyal customer" to sign up for an exciting new offer called Level Pay.
    My first question was - what's in it for me, and what's in it for Bord Gais.
    He said there is nothing in it for them, but the big advantage for me was that I would no longer get any "unexpected" bills. It was the most condescending call ever - he basically said you are unable to plan your finances - let us do it for you.
    I have never missed a payment on any bill of theirs - so why would they select me for this service!!? Surely it is the people who have trouble paying should be targeted.
    Told him he can shove his condescending bull!
    Interesting to read about the 20% overpayment clause - pity I didn't know about it sooner. It makes it a bit clearer what they are up to - they obviously want their "good" customers to be in credit to help their cash flow when a significant number of customers are behind on their bills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Board Gais is enough for me to run a mile.Robbing shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

scargill wrote: »
    I just got a call about this. I was told I was selected as a "valued loyal customer" to sign up for an exciting new offer called Level Pay.

Got told the exact same thing, yet anyone can go onto their website and sign up for this.
    http://www.bordgaisenergy.ie/levelpay/

You can end up over paying your bill and not get the money back. Worth thinking about if you want to change suppliers

"If there is a balance of less than €200 owed by you or owing to you, this amount will be carried over into the next year and used to adjust the monthly payment amount for the next year."

I'm avoiding it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

I am thinking I must pay them the money I already owe them. As soon as I finish with them I am going back to ESB/Electric Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 greengrass87

i signed up for this a couple of weeks ago after moving into a new place,
    it was explained to me on the phone that at the end of 6 months we would be paid back any balance owed,
    looking at there website today however it says once per year
    feel slightly annoyed about this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 greengrass87

have just packed off an email to there department asking them to clarify this situation.
    we were asked to pay 116euro a month.
    we have been in address for 3 weeks now and i have calculated the usage thus far at 43euros.
    so in essence they are doubling our bill per month and taking our money till the end of the year??

Advertisement