Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bye bye Nova....

• 07-04-2011 7:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

..hello Phantom..Sorry Nova , i've tried to stick with you but seeing as how nothing has changed (especially your now "sad" playlist) since i started listening on day 1 i feel that, like you're listeners you're not actually listening...:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ive given up on them aswell. Some of the songs they play you were lucky to hear on the radio once a year but now all you need to do is tune in to Nova and you,ll hear it at least once a week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i havent completly given up and i do still find myself tuning in the odd time but they really DO need to shake up the playlist.

it feels like theyve only got 6 or 7 songs and play em non stop.

i mean FFS is it that hard to just grab a random film soundtrack from the 80s and slap on a track from it ?

its getting to the stage tom dunne is playing more eclectic stuff and his show is primarally a talk show.

and for gods sake if you want to play something from , say, genesis, vary it up a bit. theyve had other songs besides abacabe and invisible touch. ditto for peter gabriel, queen etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

RTE Gold plays some of the same stuff, but a bit more varied so it's where I tune to for that type of music now. And it doesn't have the annoying chatter, which is a major bonus. I was pleasantly surprised by it. Just heard "Sweet Child in Time" played in full, now "Should I stay or should I go". And not one Billy Idol or Bon Jovi track in the last three weeks or so. Of course they also have middle of the road stuff on the playlist but at least they aren't pretending to be something they aren't and could never be.
    I sincerely hope Nova fail and the license is taken up by someone who actually has a clue.

Floyd "Comfortably Numb" on Gold just as I finish this... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Well I disagree with you. Nova is certainly not perfect nor should it be. Its a rock station and its meant to be rough around the edges. Granted I'm not a fan of the Breakfast show but Greg Gaughran and Marty Miller are an absolute joy to listen to. Don't forget it has to pay the bills hence the playlist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I disagree too... I'm listening to Phantom less and Nova more these days...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

I'm not sure where I stand on this as when I last tuned in last week I couldnt believe that Bachman Turner was first track I heard. To me Nova is overly repetitive but judging by the increasing number of businesses I hear it played, it's a fair assumption that its listenership is increasing. One thing I did notice however last week was that rock report was down to 15 mins and if that's permanent it's taken Nova 7 months to address a problem most noticed from Day 1.

Personally they've lost me but I still applaud the shareholders in the current climate. Why they didnt follow The Rock model beats me and as for the imaging....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Unlike most I was listening almost all day every day....its only then that you start to hear the same tracks from the same handful of artists they've chosen over and over...i actually hate some songs i used to like because of Nova.....its all a bit too safe for me....its definately not what a proper rock station should sound like imo...listen to Zenith, Caroline or Planet rock ...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

I like it - though it does need a playlist refresh!

NOt sure about Pat Courtney, though.

Sometimes I think it is Radio Thin Lizzy, no bad thing.

Advertisement