Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Potential EGR Valve on '05 2.0L TDI Golf

Options
  • 07-04-2011 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hey Guys,
    Long time reader, 1st time poster.

I've a issue with my 2005 2.0L (140PS) TDI Golf I was hoping to get some advice from your good selves on.

When accelerating hard to overtake etc... if I keep the car at about 3500rpm for any prolonged period (15-30sec) there's a sudden drop in power. The car will maintain speed but has no acceleration, it's as if the turbo is non-existent on the car. There's no obvious noise when this occurs (no whining) or clouds of white smoke and when you let the car idle after the issue occurs there's no audible change from the engine, just that sweet sound of a four pot diesel rattling away

If a switch off the car and re-start it the issue disappears and has no last effect, boost is available again with no loss in power.

I think it's an issue with the EGR valve sticking prevent exhaust gases from either entering or leaving the turbo, but i could be completely wrong.

Any other opinions on what it could be??
    Tagged:

Advertisement