Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the biggest show in Europe?

• 07-04-2011 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

I think the UFC seems to go for US and brazilians pretty much for cost reasons. Flights Visas etc. Plus Americans are easier to market.

The great wrestlers they have are very rarely olympic level, more division 1 all american etc.

There must be wrestlers knocking around eastern europe or asia who would rip most of them lads apart.

Do you think Europeans are being somewhat overlooked or are they just not at that level yet when it comes to MMA?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Some Europeans are pushing the pace at the minute , such as Kamal Salorus , the guy that was fighting Jim Miller last. This guy has an international pedigree with wrestling and if I'm right is actually on the GB Wrestling squad for 2012. Then there's guys like John Hathaway who's coming up who seems to be pretty good despite that last setback.

As far as here and abroad I think we just need more stepping stones to take us in the Strikeforce or UFC direction or possibly even establishing a show that could rival those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

I can see no reason why Europe can't have a top quality show with great fighters on it. That actually rivals the UFC in the way Pride did

We have great wrestlers (maybe not so much in UK or ireland), great kickboxers (dutch) and boxers, england has some amazing BJJ instructors on its shores.

Advertisement