Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schools in Rathcoole CO Dublin

• 07-04-2011 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi - could be moving to Rathcoole and was wondering what the Primary and Secondary Schools are like in the area.

Any advice / opinions appreciated - don't know the area at all.

Also, any info about what's it's like to live there would be great :)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Hey OP,sorry i only saw this now.

Rathcoole you have Scoil Chronain great school,All Irish.Great records.
    Majority of students have gone on to Garda,politics and teaching and business jobs.Great sports and great grades from students coming out of that school and great Teachers.
    Then you have Holy family national school,Also a great school.Great sports programmes and great Teachers.I dont know much of the background for the kids after they left there.But i do know a good few who have gone on to colleges in computers and business.
    The secondary school is.Holy family community school.
    I believe one of the highest academic turn outs in Ireland.Great teachers and good record.
    Rathcoole on a whole as area,lovely place good foot ball teams and community spirit.They have a football league every summer also.People really nice and friendly.
    I spent every summer there love it :)

What part are you moving to middle top or bottom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

I was looking for info on this area before, so it's great to see this thread.

Is it hard to get into Scoil Cronin? Do you know when do they start enrolling?

Also have you heard anything about St Finians school in Newcastle, across the motorway?

Hope you don't mind me asking op :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Depends really on the age of your child.
    If you put the childs name down, i believe three years before school going age and are within the area of Rathcoole then should be ok.A good tip is sending your child to the Naíonra if you wish to start them that young play school Irish.
    Depends though on how many they have on the list joining the school in junior infants.
    If you ring them they will be able to advise you on all the above according to age :)
    If you are transferring you may get a space but again have to have to put your name down and depends what class and what number you are on list.
    Other parents may not accept the move when their child is settled in another school.
    The one in Newcastle i have heard great feedback about.I cant give you anymore on it though sorry.
    You can ring anytime to enroll your child :)

Advertisement